TELEVES 8-WAY (OCTO) LNB For Sky

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Gravy, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Gravy

Gravy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking for anyone who has upgraded there Sky Mini Dish with a TELEVES 8 output LNB.

At present I have 2x Sky + and I’m looking to add a Normal Sky box to an extra room but my LNB is full.

I have been reading a few things about this LNB some people say it don’t fit the Sky Dish & some say it don’t work due to the amount of Signal Strength needed for the 8 outputs on the LNB.

Could anyone with this kind of setup please let me know if it’s possible and also confirm the Good & Bad points of this setup?

Here is the website I have found this LNB: http://www.pulsat.com/satellite/site/details.php?product_id=279

£119.95 + Delivery

Cheers
    Gravy
    :thumbsup:

2. meansizzler

meansizzler
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    You can always get a bigger dish that will fit it, eg..80CM, you don't have to use the SKY Dish, or you can get another SKY Dish mounted and add a Quad LNB..., your choice, I'd get another SKY dish, 8 LNB's is pushing it...

3. SeanT

SeanT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +368
    just get another dish, gotta be cheap enough, eg. i just sold an old one i had kicking about on ebay - for 5 quid :(

4. sparkybun

sparkybun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    hi,

You will need planning permission to have two Dishes on your house - not much chance of getting it either. Better off with a bigger dish and the octo LNB.

Cheers

Mel