Teletext Holidays- anyone used them?

Grangey.

Distinguished Member
Hey all,

Me and a friend are aiming to go on a last minute holiday for a week from 3rd of June onwards, we just want some cheap sun so we're aiming to get an all inclusive deal to turkey for sub £300 which seems acheivable.

We're not snobby at all, just a couple of lads that want to catch some sun and have a giggle so we dont have high expectations of accomdation or food.

Looking around teletext holidays seem to be the best place to get these sort of prices, but the reason im sceptical is because they all come from small travel agents ive never heard of- and never include things like luggage, tax, and transfers. Even with these we can find holidays that come within budget, but Im just not sure if I should really trust an unknown travel agent.

So my question is simple, have any of you booked through teletext holidays through one of this small unknown travel agents? Whats your experience been? Its just when i google most of the travel agents names all i get is bad reviews- but im a great believer that you only take your time to complain about something not to praise....

Miss Mandy

I used them once and as it wasn't a great experience, I wouldn't go through them again.
We booked an all inclusive late deal in Majorca and although it still ended up being a good package and price, it was a pain in the rear. We had to pay extra for luggage, flight meals and transfers, and the hotel wouldn't let us check out until we'd paid an under occupancy fee as they'd put 2 of us in a 4 bed room. That's not the travel agents fault though.
I just found it frustrating that we got quoted a price and booked the holiday, but had to pay for extras which added a fair chunk to the price we were expecting to pay.
Having said that though, the holiday was still within our budget and the hotel was quite nice with good service and food so it was worth the hassle in the end.

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
I'm actually going to Lanzarote in 12 days time through a holiday booked with Teletext hols - and I've used them in the past too, Turkey last year for example.

Be wary though about the prices shown as these WILL go up I'll guarantee it.

For example, we booked 7 nights Self Catering, £190 each. The flight is with Ryanair, you get what you pay for obviously (I flew with them to Paris once mind you and have no complaints). Problem is that we had to pay the following extras for the flights:

£115.96 2x flights
£44.44 Taxes
£20 Passenger admin fee??? (Basically £10 per person to pay by card!)
£40 PER CHECKED IN LUGGAGE!!!!!!!! (we're just taking one suitcase and 2x large hand luggage)
£24 Web check in fee (£40 to pay at airport!!)

So total was £244.40 - after all that our holiday went up from £190 PP to £275ish PP!!! All in all though, it's still pretty damn cheap and well happy to pay under £300 each all in.

Grangey.

Distinguished Member
Thanks Rob,

I was quickly made aware that the price advertised is not the final price, so what ive been doing is calling the agents which are advertising it and getting them to quote the final all in price (ie including taxes, luggage, and transfers etc). So was it that you booked online or something without any interaction with the agent and so had to pay these things as you went on? Or do you mean you just called them up about the £190 deal only for them to tell you it was actaully about £275?

Thanks for the feedback so far :)

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
Thanks Rob,

I was quickly made aware that the price advertised is not the final price, so what ive been doing is calling the agents which are advertising it and getting them to quote the final all in price (ie including taxes, luggage, and transfers etc). So was it that you booked online or something without any interaction with the agent and so had to pay these things as you went on? Or do you mean you just called them up about the £190 deal only for them to tell you it was actaully about £275?

Thanks for the feedback so far :)
Yeah, on Teletext holidays you can't actually book online, you have to call a number with the reference code.

To be fair they were very helpful (Ola Holidays I used) and we discussed the price, she ran a 'live' price check and informed me of all the extras. I asked if I could think about it because it was quite a bit more than expected and she said it wasn't a problem. I had a chat with the boss and rang the advisor back in about 10 mins ad booked it. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom