• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Telephone harassment from Sky tv

feb82000

Novice Member
cancel my sky tv subscription 2 weeks ago and from last week my Mom been getting phone calls from sky tv every day to stay on our deal ends with sky tv 9 december anyone else getting this from them

logiciel

If you have a number indicator it's even cheaper to avoid the calls!

HD sceptic

Established Member
Write to them, explain that you will bill them £1 per minute for every call they make to you.

Then once they call send them the bill.

There is a documented case of a guy who did this with another company. When the phone pests refused to pay he took them to court and won.

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
If you have a number indicator it's even cheaper to avoid the calls!

What happens if the number is withheld (or you don't recognise the number) ? The BT Phone for anyone not on the list of allowed calls, asks the caller to identify themselves. The phone then rings you and gives you the options after listening to who is calling. If they leave no message they get cut off and apart from a message in the call log you don't hear a thing.

The options on listening to who is calling.

Answer the call, Pass it to answerphone, reject the call, they will get a message saying the call is rejected. If the number is available one button adds it to the blocked calls list. Works great no more auto dialled calls, no more double glazing etc calls.

You need caller ID to make it all work.

BT BT8500 review - The best call-blocker phone yet

Last edited:

x6461

Established Member
If you have a Sky ID you can log in to the My Sky section and then the My Details section and opt of contact by phone and email you can also edit your contact number to a fake one I suggest one ending in six zeros.
If you have no sky id and don't wish to create one then contact Jeremy Darroch by email, be polite and include your account details and request no further contact.

[email protected]

logiciel

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Sky don't withhold.

Sky aren't the only people who make nuisance calls :eek:. Would you recognise the number if Sky cold called you ? If you know the number and add it to the list, they will get a polite message to go away, including Sky :) . If they announce who they are, if you do not want to talk to them they still get told to go away.

My post wasn't specific to Sky, just a good way to avoid all such calls. Did you actually read how it works ?

logiciel

Yes - it was very interesting, though OT.
We don't have a choice of telephone suppliers here.

cancel my sky tv subscription 2 weeks ago and from last week my Mom been getting phone calls from sky tv every day to stay on our deal ends with sky tv 9 december anyone else getting this from them

Who are Sky asking for and did you provide Sky with the phone number ?

So currently your still a Sky customer and your contract runs out on the 9th ?

You will be dealing with the retention department. I would play the game of yes we will be back if you give me the following. You could also say the man yesterday said he would give me xyz and never called back to confirm it. Just play the game with them.

TJT1

Distinguished Member
Playing the game is OK if you actually want to negotiate a better deal, but if you just really want to get shot of them, why the hell should you have to waste your time talking to them? It's bad enough with the tossers from PPI etc. who just won't go away, but for Sky, it's just appalling.

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Yes - it was very interesting, though OT.
We don't have a choice of telephone suppliers here.

The phone works for any supplier that provides caller ID. I am on Virgin Media. It's just badged by BT.

logiciel

Ah, thanks.

InvisibleDuncan

Distinguished Member
If you have a Sky ID you can log in to the My Sky section and then the My Details section and opt of contact by phone and email you can also edit your contact number to a fake one I suggest one ending in six zeros.
Wonder if you could get away with putting Jeremy Darroch's phone number in there.

logiciel

I don't see how you can get Sky TV from anywhere other than Sky!

logiciel

Indeed!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom