Telephone extension faceplate

Stereo Steve

Novice Member
I've just finished wiring my new house and have put a standard phone cable between the master socket and a single gang galvanised wall box. So, I need a faceplate with a phone socket on it but I see there are dedicated master and extension faceplates available.

So, what exactly do I need? Would Maplin item FJ34M be what I'm after?

Thanks in advance.


Yes there should only be one master socket on each incoming phone line item FJ34M will suit your needs.

If you have the older style master socket your extension should be plugged into it using a two way adapter if required, new master sockets have a plate covering terminals for connecting extensions.


Active Member
If you use a extn box make sure you connect the bell circuit through, pin 3.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom