Telecam TCE5001 or TCE2001

M

Mavermick

Hi,

I currently get pretty reliable freeview reception but I can't really rely on it 100%, especially in poorish weather. I have a new DVD recorder arriving tomorrow and want to pick up a new aerial to make sure I get decent recordings. I've reserved a TCE5001 at Argos ready to collect tomorrow so just thought I'd check on here tonight to see if anyone had a ny good/bad experiences.

There seems to be very little info on the Telecam TCE5001 - I'm presuming this is because it's new? I know it's a slippery slope, but I'm thinking that because the TCE5001 costs twice as much as the TCE2001 (which has got some rave reviews on the internet), I'm more likely to get a reliably decent reception.

Has anyone got the 5001 model? Does it come with an amp (either inbuilt or external), and if so is this amp mains powered via a a supplied adapter.

Thanks in advance,

Mike.

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
Quote:
Suitable for all TVs and VCRs and for use with digital TV and Freeview in strong signal areas.
Now......you say you can't rely on your reception 100% in poorish weather. That indicates that you are perhaps not in a good reception area.

What is preventing you from doing this job correctly: That is - getting an aerial installer in to equip you with the right aerial, correctly mounted?

M

Mavermick

Quote:
What is preventing you from doing this job correctly: That is - getting an aerial installer in to equip you with the right aerial, correctly mounted?

...I suppose that would be the most sensible thing to do, and I did consider it, but as I'm only talking about a bedroom I wanted to avoid holes in walls, things on roof etc. Not to mention trying to save a few £££s in the process - although as usual it'll probably work out as a false economy!

For anyone that's considering the Telecam TCE5001 aerial, I would suggest you leave it well alone and buy the TCE2001 model instead - which is fantastic. I now have perfect reception for all freeview channels (just waiting for some heavy cloud :D ).

Cheers,

Mike.

M

Mavermick

Thanks for the info Sam...will give that a try if I encounter any problems. To date I have had perfect reception on all channels using my new Telecam TCE2001.

Cheers,

Mike.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom