• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Tekken 6 confirmed for the 360 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codehead

Distinguished Member
Surprising. Beat 'em ups don't generally do that well on the 360. DOA4, VF5, etc didn't really take off. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy them, MK vs DC looks interesting and I'm all for widening the scope of the 360. But I'm not sure how well this will do.

funcky

Established Member
I confirmed this over a year ago, looks like I'l be getting both PS3 and 360 versions. That pad with the new dpad is coming out next week, lets hope its a big improvement over the current crappy dpad.

shoemaker666

Distinguished Member
i think microsoft just dont want to give people a reason to own a ps3 when the exact same titles will be available on thier system. the 360 hasnt got many exclsives so just take the other platforms games and stop them form having exclusives as well

Lofty7983

Established Member
Cant remember which tekken had it but do you remember the teeken bowl mode you could unlock. That was funny. :rotfl:

runam0k

Prominent Member
i think microsoft just dont want to give people a reason to own a ps3 when the exact same titles will be available on thier system. the 360 hasnt got many exclsives so just take the other platforms games and stop them form having exclusives as well
And Sony isn't doing anything to keep the third parties "loyal".

360 has lots of exclusives, by the way. :confused:

nerro

Established Member
Wow, this is great news. I was going to buy a PS3 later on for games like Final Fantasy and Tekken but these games are all going cross platform so the need to get one is getting less and less. Can't wait. Well done MS (That doesn't sound right :confused:)

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
It's no major surprise more franchises are going multiformat due to the spiralling development costs, and therefore the amount Sony / MS would have to pay the developer for exclusivity.

This is good news as Tekken is the main fighter i;ve enjoyed over the years, along with SF incarnations (mainly SF Alpha 2, which is my favourite fighter bar none).

As for the comment above about fighters not doing that well on 360, well i think it's generic across platforms to be honest, and my guess as to why is because there's far more impetus on online multiplayer games nowadays, which don't suit the split second timing nature of beat em ups unless the code is 100%. In the old days of local multiplayer, beat em ups were perfect with people in the same room on the same machine... nothing better or more satisfying. When played online, especially with random opponents, it just isn't the same, hence less appeal imo.

This could be huge though... although i downloaded the version on PSN and have barely touched it even though it is good... just have no time nowadays to learn combos and moves etc...

iddqd

Established Member
I agree that this isn’t surprising at all, it was always a matter of when it was going to be announced for me. Microsoft and Namco are on excellent terms with each other, after the releases they have put out on the 360 and the great sales of SCIV, it makes perfect business sense to release T6 on the 360 aswell.

Third party exclusives are going to be a thing of the past soon enough, the next trend will be exclusive DLC, which we’ve already seen hints at with GTA IV, Mirrors Edge, Fallout 3 and Tomb Raider : Underworld.

Obviously exclusive DLC isn’t so bad, certainly makes the choice of which version of the game to get a whole lot easier.

Codehead

Distinguished Member
It's no major surprise more franchises are going multiformat due to the spiralling development costs, and therefore the amount Sony / MS would have to pay the developer for exclusivity.

Yep, Softies are shooting themselves in the foot by artifically limiting the market for their product. It wouldn't happen anywhere else.

Imagine....

Pedigree Chum, exclusively for brown and white dogs.

BP Diesel, only for Volvos.

Apple iPod, only for fashion victims. (Oh hang on..) :devil:

As for the comment above about fighters not doing that well on 360, well i think it's generic across platforms to be honest, and my guess as to why is because there's far more impetus on online multiplayer games nowadays, which don't suit the split second timing nature of beat em ups unless the code is 100%. In the old days of local multiplayer, beat em ups were perfect with people in the same room on the same machine... nothing better or more satisfying. When played online, especially with random opponents, it just isn't the same, hence less appeal imo.

True enough, it's a genre that's survived into the 3D and online age better than most. But DOA Online was awful when the connection wasn't spot on.

Crovon

Distinguished Member
I am quite shocked and very hapy by this news, I loved the Tekken series on the playstation so hopefully it will fair just as well on the 360.

Jay

Banned
I didn't expect that.

Tekken was one of those games that meant playstation to me.

This is bigger news for me than that crap ifnal fantasy.

All they need now is gran turismo :rotfl:

Kahled

Established Member
I didn't expect that.

Tekken was one of those games that meant playstation to me.

This is bigger news for me than that crap ifnal fantasy.

All they need now is gran turismo :rotfl:

Had to quote this as very much mirrored my own thoughts... Tekken is as much PS franchise as FF, MGS, and GT.

First thought was another one bites the dust and closely followed by GT5 coming soon to a 360 near you... certainly not unrealistic with the delay announcements unless PD are going to be able to milk enough out of GT5p to keep them afloat.

I think a lot of people expected the TGS to be a Sony tour de force this year but that news certainly shows that it's not going to be all one way... must have raised quite a few eyebrows and blood pressures combined with the 360 price drops.

I would call the Final Fantasy comment heracy but after FFX/X-2 anything is possible :(

DongaTon

Prominent Member
This is MAJOR.

As above, Tekken has always been synonymous with Playstation. I loved them on PSOne and 2....wow. Can't wait till it comes to Xbox! Hope they do a good job

Mattk84

Banned
Sony must be very worried. The 360 has a price point now that they simply cant get near then add to that the loss of another exclusive and also the announcement of the blu ray add-on on the horizon and reaons to buy a ps3 become less and less.

shagaboopon

Prominent Member
Great for people that wanted it but don't have a PS3 I guess, its hardly a killer title for me though. Had they gone crazy and tied SF4 into an exclusive contract then that would have been a massive hit in the fighter genre for me, perhaps Microsoft don't have quite so much cash to flash as they've been accused of :D.

Very few games will be exclusive this generation now as others have said, the market for both HD consoles combined is needed for developers to get the maximum profit really. Very few multi platform titles could get multi million sales otherwise.

cabanatuan

Banned
Great for people that wanted it but don't have a PS3 I guess, its hardly a killer title for me though. Had they gone crazy and tied SF4 into an exclusive contract then that would have been a massive hit in the fighter genre for me, perhaps Microsoft don't have quite so much cash to flash as they've been accused of :D.

Very few games will be exclusive this generation now as others have said, the market for both HD consoles combined is needed for developers to get the maximum profit really. Very few multi platform titles could get multi million sales otherwise.
why have multple consoles? why not just have one standard console for next next gens? maybe sony and MS can work together and create one STANDARD console.

cuts dev cost for games and no worries on weather a game will come out on your console.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom