Tehran (Apple TV+) TV Show Review & Comments

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
Looks good, thanks for the review Cas

Of course I got to get Apple TV+ first, but I'm not getting another streaming service. But as soon as Disney+ reaches its year end, I'm more than happy to swap.

encaser

Bracing stuff. Definitely needs attention paid and not looking away from the screen for too long and risk missing a key line.

(Edited for diplomacy).

Last edited:

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Just watched the first one, really enjoyed it. Had only planned to watch one tonight, got to watch second one now :D

Goes without saying it looks great, as does all the Apple TV+ stuff.

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Really enjoyed for all mankind , watching long way up now , so i might just give this a go , just please tell me it’s not subtitled to death 😳

Goooner

Distinguished Member
It is mostly subtitles, with the odd bit of English language.

Andrew1472

Distinguished Member
Great .....
There are some things that are so good that the “annoyance” with subtitles becomes a non issue.
This is one of them. Its close to unmissable based on the first two episodes as far as I’m concerned.

mtenga

Distinguished Member
Yes one episode in and I'm hooked. Shaun Toub looks brilliant and menacing again.

As far as spy dramas go I have just finished Season 5 of the outstanding French made, The Bureau, which sets a standard most wont achieve. But looking good so far on Tehran, after me thinking Apple + had very little to offer.

Jason56d

We watched all 3 yesterday and really enjoyed. Then had to tell the Mrs it was weekly after the 1st 3! She wasn't impressed.....

Edit: I agree about Apple content so far. What I have watched have all been very good and look great.

Hampy1972

Distinguished Member
Quality viewing on Apple recently like defending Jacob and servant....

Seen first 3 eps.. Interesting spy saga.
Ticks along nicely
Good start. 8/10

Jason56d

Servant?
What's that about?

One of the ones I haven't seen yet as the wife doesn't fancy it? But I will watch it evenutally.

Hampy1972

Distinguished Member

One of the ones I haven't seen yet as the wife doesn't fancy it? But I will watch it evenutally.
It's one of those WTF TV series, you think you know whats going to happen next.. you don't!
The short lengths of the episodes keep the pace going and keep you guessing....
If you like dark, odd ball characters and some suspense..... it's for you. :)

mtenga

Distinguished Member
I’m enjoying all the action and adventure but it’s not up to other excellent Israeli shows such as Fauda and Hatufim. Worth sticking with since Sean Toub elevates it.

bootyman81

Distinguished Member
Watched all 4 available episodes today...loving it, very gripping & tense in places.
I keep thinking the main woman is Alicia Vikander, they’re so similar looking! they could play sisters in a movie together.

gunner84

Distinguished Member
Going to watch this, but waiting until Apple release the new One subscriptions, which includes apple + sub.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 Review, Apple Lossless & Dolby Atmos @ no cost, Sennheiser IE900 review + more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Grado introduces Prestige X Series headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Amazon in talks to acquire MGM Studios
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney to close Fox Channel in UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG Display showcases OLED display technology at online SID 2021