Tefal ActiFry - Any Good ?

Greetings,

Our Actifry has given us superb service until the paddle broke, but Currys were very good, we got a direct replacement.

It has replaced the chip fryer and frying pan, giving us low fat meals. :thumbsup:

Adding no oil as per the Tefal Actifry Instruction Book page 6, frozen chips suitable for deep fat frying - add no oil.
The frozen chips mentioned were not oven chips but chips suitable for frying which is what we normally do with them, and will I hope be doing with them in the future.
Used the Actifry tonight for the second (and hopefully last) time. This time we did put oil in to see if there was any improvement. There wasn't.
I really wanted this product to be great.
It's expensive.
The chips were awful.
They take a long time to cook.
There is lots to wash up with this product.
A real disappointment.:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow

I really dont think that you have been doing it right then. We have had an actifry for about 6 months now and its absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!!:thumbsup:
All you do is chop ur potatoes, wash and dry them (not literally but you pour water over them then pat them dry) then pop them in the actifry with one measure of oil and set it going - 20 minutes later you have chips like they were done in the fryer but with none of the fat!!!!!!
Worth the investment - i have done stir fry's in them and chicken and gammon and steak - its FAB!!!!!!!

There was also a small matter of a $300m lawsuit after the manufacturing issues as well... I have no idea whether it's truly safe or not but I'd rather steer clear, I see no benefits to the stuff.

I can see the merit of the Actifry but it seems to be a one trick pony at a fairly hefty cost in terms of money, engery use (1400w) and space on the work top. From the user reports it seems you need a fair bit more oil than it actually claims if you want decent chips.

If it could do onion rings and battered fish then we'd be talking..
Some people are never satisfied ! having just bought an Actifry I find the chips it makes superb and taste just like out of the chip pan without all the oil or fat . The Actifry gets top marks from me must be about the best £100+ I have ever spent on any cooking gadget .
Full marks Tefal .
Ron .

Last edited:
I really dont think that you have been doing it right then. We have had an actifry for about 6 months now and its absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!!:thumbsup:
All you do is chop ur potatoes, wash and dry them (not literally but you pour water over them then pat them dry) then pop them in the actifry with one measure of oil and set it going - 20 minutes later you have chips like they were done in the fryer but with none of the fat!!!!!!
Worth the investment - i have done stir fry's in them and chicken and gammon and steak - its FAB!!!!!!!
Couldn't agree more .

still love mine, wouldnt give it up for anything :thumbsup:

its done 3 loads of chips a week every week since i got it

Love my actifry, you put the food in and leave it. No mixing or turning and you can see it cooking so you know when it is ready. It cooks sausages to perfection as they are evenly browned and not burnt. They are succulent, best ever. Chips, potato wedges and roast potatoes are delicious. Roast parsnips drizzled with a little honey taste better in the Actifry. Using my Actifry keeps the oven clean and to clean my Actifry, just place the pan, lid and stirring arm in the dishwasher resulting in less work for me and more time to do other things:thumbsup:

i bought a actifry jan 22nd and on feb 5th it caught fire for no reason be very careful with these as i think they are very dangerous if it wasnt for my quick thinking it would have been a lot worse BE CAREFUL

i bought a actifry jan 22nd and on feb 5th it caught fire for no reason be very careful with these as i think they are very dangerous if it wasnt for my quick thinking it would have been a lot worse BE CAREFUL

Thanks for that. I've heard they have had a few problems like yours. I want one but will wait until they have sorted this out.

i would never have another one im still waiting for tefal to get back to me but i dont think they`re interested i paid £169.00 for mine honestly they`re not worth the risk of having a fire

:(Guess what? My Actifry has blown up. Cannot believe it but was using it when there was a noise like a machine gun and blue flashes coming from it. Sent it back to Ideal World and I am waiting for a reply. There is definitely a Manufacturers fault which is a pity as I did like the idea of it. How many others have had similar problems?

Whats with all these people with 0 posts and their ActiFry's blowing up..................

Feels like a conspiracy to me!!

I think people have a problem with something and then do a search on the internet to see if it's a common problem and this thread probably comes out near the top of the search in Google.

Cos posts in GC don't count towards your post count.

How long have you had it and do you use it much? I am interested as I used mine a lot and miss it. Hopefully it will be replaced soon.:lease:

How long have you had it and do you use it much? I am interested as I used mine a lot and miss it. Hopefully it will be replaced soon.:lease:

you will have to check this thread and see that date i first posted in it.

gets used 3 - 4 times a week for 40 mins at a time

1st of october 08

Mine came Friday

posted on 6/10/2008 so at a guess, Friday 3rd October 2008 :smashin:

You were still asking where the best place to buy them was on the 1st :)

posted on 6/10/2008 so at a guess, Friday 3rd October 2008 :smashin:

You were still asking where the best place to buy them was on the 1st :)

:oops:

alot going on in real life in a dazz at the moment

Have just rang Ideal World regarding my Actifry that blew up and have been informed that it will not be replaced as there seems to be a problem with them and this has been highlighted on Watchdog. I have had my money refunded. Thought I had better let everyone know. There is no conspiracy regarding Actifry, just think people ought to know. I did like it and am dissappointed. Please be careful and keep an eye on it when using.:thumbsdow:lesson:

Found user instruction manual in english on the tefal australia web site. Hope this helps you all

Just bought one of these for £73.99 from the Tefal shop at Glasshoughton Outlet in Castleford. It's very good and the chips are brilliant and you can cook other things in it like stir frys, Chilli, currys. Comes with a recipe book.

We bought one from Glashoughton in January along with a number of friends to date 6 have either burst into flames or shorted out including ours last weekend. We loved the actifry but unless they have modified the unit we will want our money back as it can be dangerous.
:nono:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom