Teething Problems

Eatstatik

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, new to the forum - found some good advice already (will be ringing sky for a discount tomorrow!).
I have just installed a second tv + surround + ps3. I am running coax from my sky+ box in the other room with a tv link kit and the picture is not as good as it is on the one with the sky+ room. V slight rolling sideways lines and the picture is a little fuzzy.
My tv is wall mounted and I am unable to plug the tv link directly into the tv because it sticks out too far. So I have used a small length of coax, looped and taped, so that that the tv link can hang flat behind the screen. The length of the coax between the rooms is 10m. I have made sure that it is away from adaptors, power supplies etc. Could this extra connection be the cause of the drop in quality? Thought I would ask here before I unplum the tv and start making tv link size holes in the wall. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Cheers:)

Are you comparing the Sky+ in one room connected by RGB scart (presumably) to a tv in another room connected by coax? If you are then yes there will be a difference in quality as RGB scart is a much better video connection than the coax one which is composite video.

Are you comparing the Sky+ in one room connected by RGB scart (presumably) to a tv in another room connected by coax? If you are then yes there will be a difference in quality as RGB scart is a much better video connection than the coax one which is composite video.

Wrong the coax will not even be composite video BUT will be the lowest RF quality.

The extra coax for your skylink is not the problem, assuming that the connectors have been fitted correctly.
Skylink can work a lot further than the 10m you have.

But I also have a multi-room setup and have just upgraded to sky+, and have by the sound of it the same faint lines running across the screen !

My cables all appear good, and tend to think its interference from another channel on the downlink.

Of course my intention here is not to hijack the thread but just to add I have the same problem...

Any helpers would be great...thks

No I had not tried this, although as soon as you had posted the thread I realised that this was it ! I have now reset the number and retuned tv`s and hey presto all is good now.

Thanks very much for the memory jog & all people who replied :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom