Teenage Bounty Hunters (Netflix) canceled after season 1

mafaa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Netflix has revealed the trailer for comedy series Teenage Bounty Hunters, launching on the streaming service on Friday, August 14. The first season consists of 10 45-minute episodes. You can view the trailer and key art below!

In the series, 16-year-old fraternal twin sisters Sterling (Maddie Phillips) and Blair (Anjelica Bette Fellini) Wesley rebel against their buttoned-up Southern community.

They team up with veteran bounty hunter Bowser Jenkins (Kadeem Hardison) for an over-the-top adventure as they dive into the world of bail skipping baddies and suburban secrets while trying to navigate high school drama — love, sex, and study hall.

Teenage Bounty Hunters Character Details

Sterling and Blair Wesley
Sterling (Maddie Phillips) and Blair Wesley (Anjelica Bette Fellini) are 16-year-old fraternal twins and best friends. Even though they are close, they have opposite personalities. Sterling is an overachiever with a quick wit and a strong imagination, and she takes her school and religious studies seriously. Blair is outspoken, opinionated, and an overall non-conformist. Both twins are linked by their independent spirit. They are thoughtful, sharp, and unafraid of sticking up for what they believe in… even when sometimes, they have no idea what they’re talking about.

Bowser Jenkins
Bowser Jenkins (Kadeem Hardison), a by-the-books veteran bounty hunter, meets the twins in a chance encounter. Having recently moved to Atlanta for a fresh start, he’s trying to make a life for himself in a new city — when these two annoying teens come along and make work a little more complicated… and a lot more fun.

Miles Taylor
Miles Taylor (Myles Evans) is a cool, intelligent teen who works at the Wesley family’s country club. He is intrigued by Blair, and despite a bumpy first date, they begin dating.

Luke Creswell
Luke Creswell (Spencer House) is Sterling’s boyfriend and attends the same Christian high school as Sterling and Blair, where he is captain of the golf team. He is well-intentioned and hopelessly devoted to Sterling.

April Stevens
April Stevens (Devon Hales) is Sterling’s rival and former best friend. She is a perfectionist with a strong moral faith who competes with Sterling at school studies, extracurricular activities… actually, pretty much everything.

Debbie and Anderson Wesley
Debbie (Virginia Williams) and Anderson (Mackenzie Astin) Wesley are the twins’ loving parents. They try hard to keep up appearances in their Christian community and hope that their daughters also live up to their expectations

Yolanda Carrion
Yolanda Carrion (Shirley Rumierk) is a tough-talking bail bond agent who provides Bowser his assignments. They have a complicated romantic history together and though they may not admit it at first, feelings are still sizzling…

Terrance Coin
Terrance Coin (Cliff ‘Method Man’ Smith) is a rival bounty hunter, a budding YouTube personality, and Bowser’s nemesis. He starts to date Bowser’s ex-girlfriend, Yolanda, causing a whole lot of drama.

Last edited:
teenagebountyhunters8.jpg

Has anyone been watching this?

I randomly caught it on Netflix as I recognised the blonde main actress (she was in Supernatural which I recently caught up on). I decided to pop it on whilst doing other things but after a few eps in it is a very weird tone. Some VERY teen like comedy as well as some very adult jokes etc almost like it is self aware. But some of the lines really have had me laughing out loud as well as Bowser their 'mentor'.

Considering the title of the show it should be godawful but it isn't. It isn't brilliant or even great but surprisingly good?

And yes everyone is hot.

I randomly caught it on Netflix as I recognised the blonde main actress (she was in Supernatural which I recently caught up on). I decided to pop it on whilst doing other things but after a few eps in it is a very weird tone. Some VERY teen like comedy as well as some very adult jokes etc almost like it is self aware. But some of the lines really have had me laughing out loud as well as Bowser their 'mentor'.

Considering the title of the show it should be godawful but it isn't. It isn't brilliant or even great but surprisingly good?

And yes everyone is hot.

a reviewer I like gave it really high praise ...

And yes everyone is hot.

Agree, just started watching this. It's a mad mix between comedy styles as you say, but its actually really good. The two main actresses are very good and have great chemistry. Well worth a watch.

I've just finished this and it was surprisingly excellent.

Humour was on point and cast bounce off each other very well.

@Casimir Harlow is this in your review list? It’s not getting much exposure, shame on Netflix.

Started this last night (after some teenage prompting at home) and it's not bad. It has some funny lines and moments. Considering the two are mid twenties (but then when aren't they, really), they pull of being ditzy teens well. Their new black boss is good too, what with his wise-cracks, racial input and worldly (read old/er) moments of clocking out when they ramble in teen girl interest talk.
It also manages to be relevant to the times without going too woke about it all, by using their white naivety, youth and letting the bad guys be blatantly so in language and deed - hey, he called us C's!
Go Dogs!

4 people will be gutted.
Joking aside, this seems to happen all too often.
Damnation was fantastic and only saw one season.

The problem is Netflix just don't bother promoting a lot of their stuff, and it only then relies on word-of-mouth.

Very disappointed, this was a superb fun show with some real laugh out loud moments. Shame on Netflix for cancelling this, given the utter shite films they seem to release every week.

I watch Netflix pretty much every evening and I've never even heard of it.

I got through maybe one and a half episodes, just didn't click with it. Pity considering all the praise it's received in here. With this and Warrior Nun fading to tickle my proverbial I think I've maybe transitioned well into grumpy old git territory.

It was a great show with a terrible title.

I wouldn't read too much into it. Netflix have cancelled pretty much everything due to Covid, including a bunch of stuff they'd previously recommissioned.

Unless they can find entire casts & crews who are willing to live together in a 'bubble' for the next 9 months, I wouldn't expect much in the way of new TV from anyone for some time.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom