Ted Blu-ray Review

Tech News

News Supplying Robot
So what happens when you give the creator of Family Guy the money to make a real movie? You end up with one of Universal’s highest grossing films of the year and an extremely funny and well-presented movie with an original script and a great music score.

Seth Macfarlane is better known for Family Guy and American Dad – both cartoon animations aimed at teens and young adults, or as my wife puts it, “People like you with all the comedic maturity of a 14 year old”. The humour is quite vulgar and more than a little bawdy and so therefore it should come as no surprise that many of the gags in the movie would sit just as well in a cartoon. Not only does Macfarlane voice the main character, he also directed and wrote both the original story and screenplay for the film. This might lead to concerns about how well a script from a cartoon writer would transition to the live action and also his ability to direct such a major undertaking, but a half Billion...

Read the full review...

Krullhero

Hi Matthew

I enjoyed reading your reviews of Ted & Avatar.

A bit of a random enquiry to post in the comments section but I wasn't sure where else to ask so I apologise in advance if it seems like I am spamming but this is a genuine enquiry.

I was wondering who I should get in touch with to review a film I have just composed the music for? The Tropic Of Capricorn is a 20 minute time lapse film in the vein of Baraka & Koyaanisqatsi. The film will be available to be reviewed in 1920x1080, 2560x1440 & 2560x1080 via a link that the director will send to the reviewer.

Cas Harlow wrote an AVForums review for a film I composed the music for a couple of years ago called Desperate Measures (Desperate Measures DVD Review | AVForums.com - UK Online).

If you could maybe give me an email address for someone in charge of reviews, I can send them more information and a link to the film.

I understand if the moderators need to delete this comment but hope you get a chance to read this.

Thanks,

Phil C

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnnyt

Standard Member
Matthew, I just purchased the movie on iTunes as it had extra content, but I did not see what I was looking for...

You mention an extended Christmas morning scene. Does it involve the Star Wars collectible case and a broken pot, with father??? Many thanks, I dont want to drop another bunch of money if that is not in the extras!

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom