TecVision MS1000

Phil1975

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Thought I start a thread about my recent experience with a new product from Draper.
Have to say I don't actually own a projector or screen, so knowledge regarding both is still quite little.

I went to an open event at Ideal-Av, which was for the new screen from Draper, also to show off the new range of Epson's projectors.

I never realised that the screen in Allan's light room was a dark grey as it always had an image on it, but always thought the projector what ever he used at the time looked very good.

But after the open day my eyes were opened (no pun intended) to what a difference this new screen makes.

Firstly the dark room, we tried the white version of the new screen, compared to the current screen that’s in Allan's dark room.

I could believe how clear and defined the image was, it seemed to me like the image was being processed when actually it wasn't. Best way to describe what i was seeing is that the image looked like it had been calibrated...:smashin:
Also I went and looked at the image at a extreme angle, the quality of the image was still there..;)

Then we had various 3D demo's which in my view, is WHEN screen showed what it can REALLY DO; the quality of the 3D image IMHO was improved vastly.

The colours prime example was Avatar seemed to be more correct and vivid; also there was an increased sense of depth to the image.

The white screen would be perfect for a genuine dark cinema room, but for customers who don't have that option, the grey finish would be a great solution, we tried a sample of this in framed screen which was used in the dark room and light rooms.

Again I would say it was better in the dark room compared what Allan has in there already (not sure what the make it is), also in the light room; to me it was a better then the Draper React2 which Allan has had for a while now?

So my overall impressions were that this new product has just raised the bar for Draper, as I thought the React2 was great, but this new TecVision MS1000 is better.

Whether you have a dark room or a average light room, there's now a screen that can cater for both, also there is an acoustic transparent versions to come too, even though we got to see a TEASER sample of the grey version, it was just a small sample, not a decent sized framed sample which we used earlier.

I was left so impressed that’s it sown a seed about a possible projector and screen in the future.
So anyone who's looking for a new quality screen, whether for a dark, light or whatever type of room I would put the TecVision MS1000 on top of your list.

Thanks Phil.

Last edited:
thanks Phil for that appraisal, you seem to have summed it up to a tee

even I, when seeing the new TecVision surface for the first time against ReAct 2.1 was couldn`t argue how different they were to each other, and the TecVision surface was without doubt the better of the 2 surfaces

it has a price premium though to go with it but if its the ultimate ambient screen you want then I`d be really surprised if their is a better one anywhere

When you some time in the near future get to mine phil I will show you a dark grey screen
;)
lol.

When you some time in the near future get to mine phil I will show you a dark grey screen
;)
lol.

Well give it a week and we will have arrange some demos ;)

I think that this thread shoud be untitled: TecVision MS1000X.

Don't forget the X because in the USA, there is also a React MS1000V (react 2.1) and it could get confusing.

Anyway, 2 years ago, I started looking for the BEST screen for semi-dedicated home theater.
I've seen the Stewart Firehawk G3,G4, the DNP Supernova 08-85 and 23-23, the Draper React 2.1, zthe Deep Space 3D and even a new french concurent named "DAYLIGHT classic" from the firm Xtrem Screen.

All had their problems. Except for the supernova 08-85, they all showed a significant amount of "sparkles/shimmering" and the horizontal viewing angle was not so great. The supernova 08-85 could sound like the perfect solution but...the white were not white enough (gain 0,8). The gain in contrast was however really impressive on all those screen.

Now I'm looking a the newcomer and since I liked very much the draper react 2.1 (except for the shimmering), I'm wondering how it behaves for this matter. Would it be possible to get a sample?

I live in germany and my draper distributor there doesn't have this new material.

Thank you very much,

Soulnight

it's surprised me that you see shimmering on ReAct2.1, I don't on mine and the dozens and dozens of customers who have them as far as I'm aware haven't reported seeing it either

as to the new TecVision MS1000X, well it's early days with it but the first impressions we all had were very positive with very good contrast and slightly whiter whites, viewing angles were very impressive as well and more or less perfect in every scenario

it's available now as well but shipping time is longer than ReAct due to the distances involved so bank on 5-6 weeks

Allan

Al! You can see anything if you look hard enough or like some folk see rainbows and most don't................In fact last week I could have sworn I saw Elvis in the meadow hall centre :rotfl:

actually I used to work with Elvis, or at least someone who now thinks he is Elvis :D

The thing is: many don't even know what shimmering is. And many will take it as being a "natural" noise in the picture. I don't because I've seen many screens and did many comparisons and I can't ignore it anymore because I'm now "sadly" aware of it.

I think that this thread shoud be untitled: TecVision MS1000X.

Don't forget the X because in the USA, there is also a React MS1000V (react 2.1) and it could get confusing.

Anyway, 2 years ago, I started looking for the BEST screen for semi-dedicated home theater.
I've seen the Stewart Firehawk G3,G4, the DNP Supernova 08-85 and 23-23, the Draper React 2.1, zthe Deep Space 3D and even a new french concurent named "DAYLIGHT classic" from the firm Xtrem Screen.

All had their problems. Except for the supernova 08-85, they all showed a significant amount of "sparkles/shimmering" and the horizontal viewing angle was not so great. The supernova 08-85 could sound like the perfect solution but...the white were not white enough (gain 0,8). The gain in contrast was however really impressive on all those screen.

Now I'm looking a the newcomer and since I liked very much the draper react 2.1 (except for the shimmering), I'm wondering how it behaves for this matter. Would it be possible to get a sample?

I live in germany and my draper distributor there doesn't have this new material.

Thank you very much,

Soulnight

Being in germany, have you come accross the screen tech silver screen? looks good in video but could be misleading with narrow viewing angles...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom