Techy question on gaming headset mic change.

RTC89

Hi guys having a issue with wired headsets with echoing. basically because I have the headset at a decent volume not mega loud when somebody speaks in party the odd time it will echo through my headset due to sensitive mic. I have tried playing with chat mixer settings also tried different headsets around the £50-£110 mark all do the same so...

If I took the mic out of my headset which is connected via a 3.5mm into the speaker and put in a clip on mic which is 3.5mm jack would that still work ok?

or will I have to get a Y splitter into the controller and plug it both in separate that way?

MarkyPancake

Distinguished Member
That's an odd issue. I've used different headsets over the years at various volumes, from the original Xbox to the Xbox One X, and never had sound from the earphones be picked up by the mic.

RTC89

That's an odd issue. I've used different headsets over the years at various volumes, from the original Xbox to the Xbox One X, and never had sound from the earphones be picked up by the mic.
Looking throughout the internet seems very common, I have tried different controllers as well both the same and both new. One being a white elite and other one being the battlefield 5 one that came with the xbox one x.

steb9780

Always had feedback problems on my headsets. Had it with TB X41's and Astro A50's I have now. I always put it down to the volume I have the headset at.

RTC89

Always had feedback problems on my headsets. Had it with TB X41's and Astro A50's I have now. I always put it down to the volume I have the headset at.
Yeah this is what I have put it down to. I think if you could turn down the MIC like you can on windows would not be a problem at all. I think the mics are too sensitive.