1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Techy challenge re surround spkrs and amp connections?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by nictry, Feb 26, 2004.

1. nictry

nictry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +586
    Sorry this is a really strange rqst but I know one of you techy bods will know if/how this can be done?

Basically am getting a 6.1 amp (that also allows connection of 2 rear surrounds through the 6th spkr connection) hopefully rear panel pic attached here 812 Back?

I currently have a 5 spk set up with obvious set up front and with the rears at the back of the room in the corners approx 12' apart, now I had two options either to buy a single spkr and put it in the middle at the rear (exactly level with the 2 other rears) or buy a pair and put them either side of the room (ie in front of the current rears)

I have just found some speakers that came with my TV but I am bemused (hence this rqst for help) the manual for these spks is at 9607 Manual and the page concerned is page 4, these spkrs appear to be active (at least 1 is) so can I connect them to the Amp and if so how should I do this, and if I do will this only create a single surround at the sides?

Sorry for the ramble but I hope someone can determine whether I can actually use these spkrs as L&R surrounds :confused: