Techwood TWDRA08 advice needed

turbodee

Standard Member
I was just wondering if it worth keeping? Picked it up yesterday from Tesco as it was the last one on the shelf. It is for my parents who only need the basics of a dvd recorder. It has a freeview tuner. Cost £49.

Gavtech

Administrator
I was just wondering if it worth keeping? Picked it up yesterday from Tesco as it was the last one on the shelf. It is for my parents who only need the basics of a dvd recorder. It has a freeview tuner. Cost £49.

Worth keeping? Almost certainly not... but I presume you mean with regard to returning it rather than throwing it away.

These cheapies are notoriously unreliable and extremely difficult to use.

For the basics it is better to buy a quality machine. For those unfamiliar with the technology they are much easier to operate.

If it is simplicity you require in a recorder, and unless DVD disc facilities are really required , you could consider a PVR . These are even easier to operate and very convenient.

turbodee

Standard Member
DVD is required as they have a caravan with a dvd player, which would mean they could record and take dvd's with them to watch.

So, does that change the answer?

Gavtech

Administrator
DVD is required as they have a caravan with a dvd player, which would mean they could record and take dvd's with them to watch.

In which case ensure that it is known what disc format the player at the far end supports and use that type [ assuming the recorder does ] and that all discs are finalised so that they will play elsewhere.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom