1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Techwood TWD28RF1 vs Thomson 28WH403

Discussion in 'TVs' started by max of london, Oct 1, 2004.

1. max of london

max of london

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I was just about to order the Thomson 28Wh403 for £325 when I saw the Techwood TWD28RF1 on the Curry's website for £249. Is the Techwood any good? (I can't find a single review on it). The Thomson is 100hz etc but at this price range is there any real noticeable difference? I'm on a tight budget so the less the better. :smashin:

Thanks

2. max of london

max of london

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Actually I am interested in any flat screen 28" widescreen around £300 so if anyone knows of anything better than the above I would be grateful.

3. brummybloke

brummybloke
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    there is a code for currys giving you an extra 7.5% off so it is even cheaper .

only thing i would say is you normally get what you pay for in tv's. if you want it for a couple years and are going to replace it, fine.
    but after going for the cheaper end (not through choice) and having to replace every year and a bit, i spent bigger and it lasted me for 5 years. this time round i spent abit more and i hope this mofo will last me until i can get me a 50 inch lcd.

(at least 5 more years).

4. max of london

max of london

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the code. Yes I plan to only have it for 2 or 3 years and then get a plasma hopefully (if they are any good by then).

5. brummybloke

brummybloke
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1