Techwood Returns

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by coolblue, Apr 2, 2004.

1. coolblue

coolblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have purchased a techwood from Currys and only had it a week. I am very disappointed with the quality and want to return it ASAP
    I have the Engineer due to my house and I want to return mine I have only had it 5 days, but I know I am going to get the story of you get what you pay for, its not a fault thats the normal for this screen.
    I want my money back so I can buy a decent plasma i.e. the Panasonic TH42PW6B is now going for around £2300 .If you can tell me what you said to return your screen that would be a great help , I will fight this to get it returned but previous experiences will help. Cant believe I never found this web site and read the reviews before the purchase or I never would have bought it.

I know plenty of people have been through this so any suggestions help .

Cheers

2. kace

kace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Friggin 'eck

Im cancelling my order now!!!!

getting a panny instead

3. coolblue

coolblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will console myself with the fact I stopped someone else the quality is real poor , slow oil painting , DONT DO IT !

4. Elvis

Elvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you bought this by phone or on the web then under distance selling regs you can return it for any reason within 7 days. If you bought it in the store I would check with Currys what their returns policy is.

If you have already decided to get rid of the screen tell them that. I know it's too late now but I wouldn't bother with the engineer, his input is immaterial if you no longer wish to keep the Techwood anyway.

5. coolblue

coolblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Read the small print it says a full refund will be given within 7 days if you change your mind only if the product is unopened and unused. But I have not changed my mind , the reason is due to the fact the quality is terrible of the product , cheers for the pointer going straight to the store !!! Today

:mad: :mad:

6. chrisbin

chrisbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Did the store have one on display when you bought it? I've been to 3 stores in my area and all they have is a cardboard cut out advertising the Techwood product.

Surely if this is the case at the store in question then you can argue that until you unpacked it you didn't know it was so bad....blah...blah....:confused:

Good Luck!

7. brethy

brethy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mrs Brethy here, just wanted to say good luck I know what it's like to be disappointed when a product fails to deliver, you should be entitled to expect a reasonable picture especially given the price of the plasma.

8. Elvis

Elvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It doesn't matter what their small print says, if you bought over the phone or net then distance selling regs apply. If you bought in the store then it's a different story, you'll have to check with Currys about their policyon returns. Most reputable stores will accept things back within a set period, so make sure they log your request now. You may have to pay for the cost of returning it.

I should speak to either their customer service dept or the manager of the store you bought from. Explain why you are returning the set and that you want a full refund. If they get difficult speak to your local Trading Standards.

9. kace

kace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    currys suck,

The gimp who sold me techwood promised to call to give me a delivery date - did he call? NO. Anyway, I called one of the stoogies at the branch to cancel my order, who called me immediately after to offer me another product?

terrible service, thank god i read posts before taking delivery

10. cmo

cmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just out of interest,

What the hell is a Techwood, never heard of one of these!

I can only presume it is Currys own - perhaps something cheap and nasty.

Why would anyone spend a lot of money on something that looks rubbish?

11. BiggieBig

BiggieBig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    just take the fuse out and say it's faulty ;)

then ask for a refund

serves them right for trying to rip every one off.....