1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Techwood plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by sonny, Nov 21, 2004.

1. sonny

sonny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I have just bought one of these from Curry's for what I consider to be a reasonable price of £1300 (when compared to many others on the market).
    It replaces my Panasonic 36" PF10.
    Although in absolute terms the picture is not as good as the PF10 I still think it is very good if fed with a good dvd source.
    Has anyone else out there bought this plasma, and what are their views on the picture or anything else about it?

2. JiMbOb_74

JiMbOb_74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A mate bought one the other week and the picture was [inappropriate adjective removed-lynx]... he managed to get a refund and bought a panasonic 42" pw6 from richer sounds for 1500! only 200quid more but the difference is light and day.

If you can take it back i would seriously recommend it because its still alot of money for a screen. Check one out if you dont believe me..the contrast on the techwood is awful it looks like a bush crt with no contrast!

Currys have a 14 day money back guarantee so use it. you will regret it otherwise...

3. icehockeyboy

icehockeyboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep i agree whole heartedly with Jim Bob

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Not wanting to be the bearer of bad news (14 days returns at Currys a god send) see this thread http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154292&highlight=beginner contains alll you need to know about getting a Panny 42" All set to go with 5.1 Surrround sound for about £2k..............You will be far more pleased will the results compared to your PF10

5. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    there's not many daft enought in this forum to buy a Techwood, Tiny, Goodmans, etc
    take it back, get a refund, then buy the completew PWD6 system from novatech for £1599. (or £1499 if you don't want the sony dvd player and surround sound system)

6. The Wife

The Wife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We bought the techwood a few weeks ago for the same price. Luckily enough switching to the rgb input on scart 1 had a nasty side effect of switching off the plasma, so returning it for a refund was only a three day exercise in patience and coping with unhelpful and unknowledgable customer services staff. I can't image how difficult it must have been to just ask for a refund because you don't think it is as good as it should be.

Now looking at a PW7 from Electrical Discount UK with free scart connector:

http://www.electricaldiscountuk.co.uk/itfx_product_details.php?pid=2290

We'll only need a stand to get started again in plasma land which will keep it all nicely within budget of 2K.

TW

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215