1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

techwood plasma tv from currys

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by welshgod, Mar 21, 2004.

1. welshgod

welshgod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i bought one of these 3 weeks ago, first one they delivered without the tuner box so dident work, so they delivered me a new one, but the picture on them is awful all blocky and blury, i was just watching eastenders and peoples faces look like ordinance survey maps!!!! i been onto currys with it and they say "its performing to manufacturers specification" anyone had any luck getting them 2 change it? (i looked at the samsung plasmas in currys and they look just as bad cos they make the screens for techwood)

Thanks
    Geraint

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    'fraid you get what you pay for in plasma. This is the cheap end, spend more money and get a better plasma.

3. chrisbin

chrisbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Totally unknowledgeable.....but surely not a coincidence that while the 3 local Curry's stores have at least 6 panels working on display.........they only have a cardboard cut out advert for their own Techwood jobs......:eek: :blush:

4. ejhearn

ejhearn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there
    I have had my Techwood now for about 3 weeks and am very very happy with it. The pictures are all stunning - my set up is Sky Digital running through a TIVO box. Even anologue pictures are fantastic. I wouldn't change it now. There must be a problem with the one you have.

Ed

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    There may be, but persuading Currys that it's not 'within tolerance' may be harder than getting your money back

6. jonbd

jonbd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Mine is excellent as well!! That's the gamble of buying from Currys I guess, and it is a gamble, they are a shockingly bad company!!!