Techwood or Vision?

aligamer

Standard Member
Reaction score
Erm they're about the same price £2000, which is better? Techwood is made by Samsung, - Vision on the other hand i havent heard of, - anyone can share some light?

BTW, 2k is ma budget - are the above any good or shall i wait until there are more brands on the market?

Thanks.

I had the Vision at home for all of 5 days befroe sending it back.
I posted a short while back:-
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110420&highlight=vision+4230

As you can see, I wasnt impressed. On the otherhand, I didnt have enough time to truely assess the problems before I had to send the damn thing back. ( 7 day returns )

The Vision 4230 is much higher spec than the Techwood, but the techwood has a few happy owners on this board, which cant be said for the vision.

My only bit of advise would be, if you get either TV, make sure you get it from somewhere with a nice long cool off period ( 3-4 weeks ). This way you get a chance to get the set home, and tested properly before you have to decide.

I agree I had a Techwood in my home for 9 Days before I got fed up waiting on the store collecting it and I took it back myself.

There have been a few happy customers with this so I may have been unlucky.

It could have been just me but then it may not be up to your standards either.

I saw the techwood in dixons yesterday, i also went to RS and saw the LG 43??? i think, Looked muche better for the extra £200 they wanted for it! THe LG is a proper screen the techwood is a cobbled together and lacking in specs.

I would agree with hornydragon there. The LG MZ42PZ43/44 can be gotten for around 2200 in many places, and is a damn fine screen for that money, compared to the others.
The only thing that stopped me from getting a LG44 myself was the lack of picture in picture, otherwise ild be typing this post on it today!

Right, yeah i'd just be using it mainly for console gaming and movies, wont bother getting the fancier cables to set up on plasma as i'd use what i've got and served me well so far, SCART leads.

Not bothered bout progressive scan either, long as the quality is as good as or better than a Sony CRT.

Hmmm, decisions, decisions...

Unfortunatley no! plasma will not necassarily be better than a sony CRT, bigger yes, better no Beovision 5 from B&O is very very good but not as good as B&O CRT so if you want better PQ then a properly set Sony with spot on geometry will be better if smaller, Plasma have less geometry issues but not as hot unless you spend a lot of money! Pio 504 money etc

Very nice, altho its not exactly wide angle shape as most plasmas, its very square, wont dat be odd viewing movies?:

img_placement_intro_L.jpg

Originally posted by aligamer
Very nice, altho its not exactly wide angle shape as most plasmas, its very square, wont dat be odd viewing movies?:

img_placement_intro_L.jpg

Why should it be 'odd' when viewing movies or anyhting else? The screen is 42" 16:9 with options for other ratios and it fills the top half of the panel. The bottom half houses the speakers!

Oh i c now, right well i think i'm gonna wait till the year end or so b4 i get a plasma, from wot i've heard the prices will drop dramatically so i'd fish it den! :)

Hopefully i'd be able to get a good one with 1024x768 or higher res and a Sony preferably! :)p

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom