Techwood Freeview Box Now £10 @ Tesco

Appears to be a nationwide in-store* offer and evidently Tesco's way of preparing the public for the digital change-over.
Gets some bad reviews on some sites but for a tenner you wouldn't expect it to last a lifetime

* Just noticed the small-print disclaimer "Selected UK stores"

Attachments

• Tesco.jpg
    Tesco.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 1,154
Now available online @ Tesco Direct

...but...

Sorry, this is temporarily out of stock
Email me when back in stock

If previous experience of bargains like this is anything to go by, they *never* come back into stock:thumbsdow

...but...

Sorry, this is temporarily out of stock
Email me when back in stock

If previous experience of bargains like this is anything to go by, they *never* come back into stock:thumbsdow

go to the store then.

go to the store then.

That's hardly the point and in any event my nearest Tesco is 20 miles away and they're out of stock too:( and remember it's advertised as 'Selected UK stores only'

and BTW even though the website states

" If you would like us to email you when it is available again, please click 'Submit email request'. We will then contact you using the email address that you have registered on Tesco.com."

The 'Submit email request' button no longer appears on the website for this item

I sent the missus for one this morning but the aisle was empty, looks like they've probably all gone at that price.

On the bright side it means they don't get any of my hard earned in their quest to take over the world. :suicide:

is it actually any good? any reviews floating about?
For a tenner, you want blood too?

In any case I'd be pretty sure, if you got one, that they'd give you a refund if you weren't "delighted".

I think this is actually quite misleading.

This box is £10 if you can find it in a store that is dumping them.

The way the Press Release was it read as if the cheapest box had been reduced to £10 and would be readily available.

Got 1 yesterday - thought it would do for an old tv in a shed...

turned it on - please note to all in Northern Ireland this box also has the ability to pick up the RTE stations - most are encrypted but RTE1,2,3 and 4 are viewable for free.

Picture is excellent; slightly dark compared to my i-player;- so a quick up of the brightness on the TV.

I noticed the software is exactly the same as the wharfdale I have that received favourable reviews on this site.....

It comes with one aerial fly lead, NO SCART.

Overall brilliant for a tenner. Plenty in stock yesterday in Dungannon Co. Tyrone N.I. yesterday. I was so impressed went back and got one for all my family who didnt have one. Bought 4 boxes in all.

Note:
The Tuner is incredibly strong picking up even the weakest signal... compared to the boxes I have currently:
Netgem i-player
Pace- Original On-digital box
Wharfdale Boxes.

Bill:)

I think this is actually quite misleading.

This box is £10 if you can find it in a store that is dumping them.

The way the Press Release was it read as if the cheapest box had been reduced to £10 and would be readily available.

Agreed the press release is misleading but in the Tesco ads the usual disclaimers are there for those who bother to read them

"Selected UK stores only. Subject to availability"

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom