Techwood 43AO6USB TV

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Jayuu, Jul 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Jayuu

Jayuu
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone please help me? I've purchased a Techwood 43AO6USB TV and want to connect a DVD player to it; my DVD has a SCART connection but the only connections on the TV are HDMI and USB. Do I buy an adapter (if there is one) and, if so, do I connect it to the HDMI or USB port? Sorry if this is a very basic question; the Operating Instructions are in such small print that I have to read it with a magnifying glass - I know I'm getting past everything these days but this is ridiculous! Many thanks. God bless. Jayuu

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,616
    I've yet to come across a modern TV that won't accept a composite video/audio input which is the only way you can connect your present DVD player.
    Look along the side panel for 3 RCA phono inputs (marked video (yellow) & L/R audio (Red/White) or for a 3.5mm AV socket mounted usually on the side panel and look in the box the set came in for a short adaptor cable with a 3.5mm multiway plug at one end and 3 or 5 RCA Phono sockets at the other end, it's sometimes packed in the poly bag with the user manual.
    Some DVD players have RCA Phono composite video/output sockets, if so connect these to the adaptor cable with a 3 way phono to phono cable (yellow red/white), if your DVD player only has a scart output use a scart to phono switched adaptor plugged in at the DVD end with the phono cable from this to the adaptor cable.
    EDIT, a quick Google for your TV model confirms that it does have composite inputs.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  3. Jayuu

Jayuu
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many, many thanks, JayCee, for both your kindness and patience. Although many years ago I did master the Sinclair ZX81, I must admit that I am completely lost with today's technology! Thanks to your expertise, I'm sure that I'll now sort it out. God bless. - Jayuu

4. Paul1983

Paul1983
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I also own a techwood 43AO6USB tv. The sound has gone crackly. I have tried everything to fix it from swapping cables, different freeview boxes, different consoles and even swapping plug sockets. I have only had the tv for a few months. I can’t seem to find any form of factory reset either. If some one can help it would be much appreciated. Thanks

5. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,616
    As it's only a few months old I'd advise you to return it for a replacement, preferably for a different brand and/or model.
    Googling it's model number the 4th result down (a review) contained the words “and people have minor niggles, mainly with the sound” so it seems it's a common problem.

6. Jayuu

Jayuu
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree 100% with JayCee. I will never have another Techwood. The sound varies of its own volition, particularly when changing channels: I have left the room and the TV has changed (as programmed) to a 'view' item, only to be greeted by an incredible blast of sound after it changed!