Techwood 42832 HD HELP needed

andiuk007

Ex Member
Reaction score
My 42" LCD is playing up, when its been off over night and I turn it on in the morning it sometimes has a white screen or a blurry stuttery picture of the channel thats on, after half hour or so the picture rights itself.

Does anyone have any help for me please on how to go about fixing this, I don`t want to call someone out and get ripped off
rolleyes.gif

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

It's a Vestel made set which uses a 17pw16-2 power supply and a 17mb12-3 main PCB.

Could be a fault on the main PCB, Tcon or possibly the panel itself.

A decent TV engineer would diagnose it properly in minimal time without "ripping you off." But try connecting another set to one of the scart sockets and see if the fault is present on that output. If it is, it's not the Tcon PCB or the panel itself, it's the main PCB.

It's a Vestel made set which uses a 17pw16-2 power supply and a 17mb12-3 main PCB.

Could be a fault on the main PCB, Tcon or possibly the panel itself.

A decent TV engineer would diagnose it properly in minimal time without "ripping you off." But try connecting another set to one of the scart sockets and see if the fault is present on that output. If it is, it's not the Tcon PCB or the panel itself, it's the main PCB.
Thank you for the reply, what do I want to be doing with the scart leads pal?

Scart lead from the Techwood to another TV. Put the other TV on the corresponding input. Power up the Techwood and see if the fault is present on the other set.

I`m not even sure my TV has a scart output. I cannot find the manual for love nor money, do you know which will be the output on my Techwood?

If I connect either of them to a different TV How will each TV know which one is input and which one is output? Do I have to give some input to the 2 TV`s pal?

Thanks for your help :) i`ll have to wait untill morning to try this, ive just had the faulty TV turned off for 15 minutes but when I turn it on it comes on just fine, the fault only happens when the TV has been off all night. Does that point torards it being a certain thing?

Good morning :hiya:
I tried a second TV with scart lead, at 8:50AM this morning I switched both TV`s on using the scart lead, the faulty TV showed a white screen aand sound came out, the second TV picked the picture up perfect. At 9:27AM the white screen turned into a perfect picture.

Does this narrow down what the problem may be?

Is it worth getting an expert out to fix this or would it be a better option to buy a new TV. Is the part easy to fit if I bought one?

Yes, Tcon PCB or the panel itself.

Main PCB and power supply are ok.
Do you know the model number for the Tcon PBC that I need?

I`m going to try and source one and have a shot at the repair, whats the worst that can happen lol

andiuk007 said:
Do you know the model number for the Tcon PBC that I need?

I`m going to try and source one and have a shot at the repair, whats the worst that can happen lol

Take the old one out and get the part number from it. That way, you'll be sure of getting the right one for your set.

Take the old one out and get the part number from it. That way, you'll be sure of getting the right one for your set.
Ive just re-read your diagnostic mate, is thier any way I can test if its the panel or the Tcon PCB? Or would the only way of testing this to replace the Tcon PCB and see if it works?

Thanks for your help :thumbsup:

andiuk007 said:
Ive just re-read your diagnostic mate, is thier any way I can test if its the panel or the Tcon PCB? Or would the only way of testing this to replace the Tcon PCB and see if it works?

Thanks for your help :thumbsup:

You'd have to replace the Tcon PCB to prove if its that or the panel itself.

One Tcon PCB on its way out :)

Ive opened the TV and have found the Tcon PCB, its at the top center. I don`t feel comfortable taking it out myself because i`ll have to take the full thick metal plate of the back and I`ll end up disturbing so many things :(

I don`t suppose ytou can recommend a TV repairman near Oldham can you?

Old thread back to the top!

After all this time the TV has only been taking longer to come on so I`ve plucked up the courage to remove the Tcon PCB.

I have it out off the TV but don`t have a decent enough camera to take a pic off it.

Can anyone advice which part I should order, which numbers on this PCB do I need to look for?

I have the exact same tv with the exact same fault and i was just wandering if the T-con board fixed the fault before i order one ?

I have the exact same tv with the exact same fault and i was just wandering if the T-con board fixed the fault before i order one ?
In some cases its the T-con and others its the panel (from what others have told me) in my dads case it turned out to be the panel :(

He has a brand new T-con board he might sell on to you if you want to give it a try pal?

Also when the tv has the white screen if i flex the main pcb the picture comes straight back on so im still not 100% convinced that it is the T-board or the LCD pannel. I'm going to solder up any dry joints first but failing that i will replace the T-con.

Also when the tv has the white screen if i flex the main pcb the picture comes straight back on so im still not 100% convinced that it is the T-board or the LCD pannel. I'm going to solder up any dry joints first but failing that i will replace the T-con.
Good luck with it pal, I hope you manage to sort the fault out :)

My dads Techwood TV is sat in his spare room still faulty so please report back if you do find a fix pal :smashin:

Could you tell me what the pcb is? my tv has the same problem

Could you tell me what the pcb is? my tv has the same problem
Is it a Tcon PCB you need mate? I bought one and it turned out not to be that so I have a spare one.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom