Techtronics??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bobabry, Jan 7, 2001.

1. bobabry

bobabry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking of buying either the LG3350 or panasonic AV40 from Techtronics and am just after some general info with regards their reliability, good or bad. Have many others used techtronics?

2. petec

petec

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Jay2000

Jay2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cant fault them - I ordered the LG3350E from them, and it came within 4 working days.

Excellent communications too.

4. bobabry

bobabry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for the info, it appears some have been lucky with Techtronics amd some have have not.

Are there any other online sites that provide chipped DVD's?

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No complaints all.

I had to manually change my region code on my Techtronics modded Pioneer in order to play a specific R1 disc (the player was bought already modded by Techtonics from Miller Brothers)a guy from techtronics told me how do it on a live chat help they have running on their site.

First class after-sales

regards, daag

------------------
    "Are you gonna bark all day little doggie, or are you gonna bite ?"

6. bradavon

bradavon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  8. AdamS

AdamS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Short version of long Techtronics story....bought Pioneer 717..had problem..tried to return....tried to email...tried to phone....NO HELP..NO RESPONSE..returned registered post...spoke to Solicitor...threatened legal action....received full refund.

Customer service/returns policy is the worst I have ever experienced........AVOID.

9. SteveK

SteveK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First order was dicontinued but they failed to tell me until I asked. Don't be afraid to call and chase your order.

2nd order excellent, no problems, courier managed to damage the box though? DVD players being thrown out of vans and all that!

10. Big Bad Sven

Big Bad Sven

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Agree with AdamS, I'm still waiting for them to credit my card over a dispute that went back to November, dispite them promising to do it weeks ago.

AVOID AVOID AVOID

11. JellyBelly

JellyBelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am also in the middle of a very long running dispute with Techtronics. 9 months so far, with both Trading Standards and my credit card company involved.

They were great until the player had a problem - at which point it went all to hell.

Once its concluded and I have my money back, I can provide full details for anyone thats interested.

Just shipping your order on time doesn't count as good service to me - its what they do when you have a problem.

A colleague at work has had problems too. My advice is don't touch them - they're crap if you have a problem.

12. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Don't take this the wrong way but i'm glad i'm not the only one to have trouble with this company.

When will people get the message?

Just because theyre cheap doesn't mean they have the best deal. Good after sales service should come as part of that deal.

------------------
    Is he the one?

13. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Buy the LG from Tescos, & use the hack in the archives. It works! [​IMG]

------------------
    www.baldyplex.com