Techtronics vs DVD Magic

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by tfraser, Jul 29, 2001.

1. tfraser

tfraser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    any probs with Techtronics or DVD Magic's Mods for Toshibas? comments on your experience would be appreciated. Particularly for Toshiba models.

For the Toshiba 210E, DVD Magic claim RCE is automatically dealt with. This seems to be better than Techtronics where another region 1 disc has to be inserted first.

Any other problems with either companies mods?

Thanks in advance

2. TJSMANGINA

TJSMANGINA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. TJSMANGINA

TJSMANGINA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if you cant be bothered reading al the pages most are complains lol trust me :) i had a close call myself

4. johnson

johnson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    TT are more than dodgy,IMHO they shouldn't be allowed to trade.I have lost 400 pounds by using them.Never again!

5. Cliff

Cliff
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,274
    My vote goes to DVD Magic. I bought a Toshiba 5109 a while back. It was one of the first machines with progressive scan. First they had one in stock _ Tech T didn't. Secondly it was a good price, and thirdly the mod included the power supply board being modified for 240volts as well.(no transormer which Techtonics were supplying at the time.

The have always been helpful- I phoned them about the remote code for pure ntsc out or Pal60- no problem. This was pre RCE but I contacted them through email 3 months ago and they told me about the work around. -remember my machine was pre RCE..

So I am a happy customer.

6. dorgan

dorgan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm just after reading the techtronics posts on dvd reviewer, I've never heard anything like that before. I'd like to see that guy winning his case but I wonder about his original problem. The problem with the 'lines' and RGB is a problem with the TV's and not the DVD player as far as I can figure out. I bought the same player from TT with the E-Mod and used it originally with a Sony KV-28FX60 and never saw any problems with RGB. I now have a Panasonic 32PK20 and the problem does occur (He lists two Panasonics as test units). I was on to Panasonic and they said to bring it in straight away and they would have a look at it. I came across a few posts on here and on various other forums that all blamed these lines on the Panasonic but I'm wondering now if the Panny is innocent?

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got a Tosh 210e from Techtronics - the player is great and it does what it says on the tin but Tech's customer service is crap.

They debited my card with £20 odd more than the agreed price - I could tell that they'd cocked up and charged me for the machine with VCR mod which I hadn't asked for. When it arrived it had a label on saying it was a VCR mod version but it isn't (if it is it doesn't work).

Trying to get a response from them was difficult and became a pain in the a*s* but I did get the overpayment refunded in the end - initially they wanted me to return the machine to have it replaced by a non-VCR model but after I explained that the carriage charges would be more than the extra and I wouldn't be paying for it they agreed to refund me and let me keep the one I had making out that they were doing me a favour!!

It appears to me that they are technically v.good but they're let down by poor service. If they got that right they'd be spot on.

Here's praying I don't have to use their aftersales.

OG

8. TJSMANGINA

TJSMANGINA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im glad the info helped i couldnt have a fellow bulletin boarder being robbed now could i lol :) happy shopping

9. wah

wah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, this Techtronics company sounds well dodgy I was thinking about buying from them as well, I'll look elsewhere after reading the above thread...

Thanks for letting us know.

10. Glenn Keen

Glenn Keen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have to agree with OG on this.

I bought my multiregion Toshiba 2109 from Techtronics over a year ago, great player and no problems.

Techtronics mods are great but if anything should go wrong I think you could have problems getting it sorted, guess I was just luck! :)

If you can find another company who's mods are as good then use them, if not you have to way up if it's worth risking using Techtronics. I've got no complaints with them, but I'm in the minority.

11. adamhamilton

adamhamilton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the Tosh SD200E from DVD magic in April. I was very happy with the machine, it arrived in good time, but when I tried to play an RCE disc it didn't work.... I phoned the support line and they appologised saying it was mistake. They arranged pick up of the machine and I got it back within a week and it now works fine with RCE.