Techtronics question.....

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by andy76, May 11, 2003.

1. andy76

andy76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What is the general thought on buying machines from Techtronics?
    I know there have been a lot of 'stories' but overall are people happy with them or not?

Are their Region1 players as good as they make out?
    I am considering changing my region2 only player (Pioneer dv530)to a multi region - probably either the Pioneer DV350 or DV656a - any thoughts on these two in particular?
    Not bothered about the built in decoder of the 656, so interested in what the sound and picture output is like etc between them.

How many discs these days have the RCE 'issue'?
    Not very hot on these things so please update me!

Currently only using a stereo amp system but once I can decide what to buy I WILL get a full system.... eventually!

Thanks
    Andrew

2. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    I hope I can say this here ... without running foul of "libal" rules on the forum ... but the impression I get about Techtronics (from reading comments here and on other forums / newsgroups) is that they make good products, but that they sometimes fall down when it comes to customer service - especially after sales customer service.

I can report that buying a Pioneer 757ai from www.leconcepts.com was a good experience ... I had a couple of cosmetic issues with the first player they sent me - which arrived 2 days later as promised (ordered after cutoff time for next day) - but they arranged for a replacement player to be sent out a few days later (had no stock so couldn't be sent immediately).

As for RCE disks ... certainly my 757ai ... and I believe most other multi-region players, cope fine with RCE disks.

Hope this helps
    Vikki

3. TommyVecetti

TommyVecetti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    I've heard about the after sales service issues people have had, should something go wrong with your order. I've used Techtronics 3 times now with no problems however.

4. mackemansj1

mackemansj1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought a multi mod pkus sony player from them. The service was good and i was happy with the player. As rce goes the only one disc i had trouble with was maid in manhatten but all i had to do was manually change the region settings to r1 and played straight away.

5. slingshot

slingshot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I tried to use them use to order a DVD player and after being messed about for a couple of months waiting for stock, then the conversion to be completed I canceled the order. I cancelled fine without any problem. What bothered me was the fact they kept sayin a week or 2 at the most for delivery, and didn't answer phones or Emails for a couple of days when I tried to find out what was going on.

6. sharkbait

sharkbait

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have used Techtronics 3 times.

First time I bought a DV717 (a couple of years ago). It arrived within days and I have never had a problem. Fabulous.

Second time was Nov 2002. I ordered a Pioneer DV350. They had stock and I wanted it for a Xmas present. Their courier claimed they could not deliver and it got lost in a returns cycle. They would not refund all of my money, but could not find the player. I got messed around for months. I finally received it in February and swore I would never use them again.

A month later, because of a great offer, me and 2 friends attempted a multi-buy on a particular plasma. After accepting our order, they then decided that they could not fulfill.

I will never use Techtronics again.

The equipment they supply is fine, but I do not believe their delivery and support can cope with the business demand they have secured.