1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Techtronics,Pioneer737,why am I pulling my hair out?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by BadAss, Mar 1, 2001.

1. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182

Bought a Pioneer737 from Techtronics before I read this site.
    Found it wouldn't change Regions Automatically as it stated on their site. Sent it back. They then told me there was nothing wrong with the player and that I should read the instructions on the Net where it would tell me how to set the player to 0 for Automatic. Read the instructions which only said how to set the player Manually for Regions 1-5. Got the player back and tried to set it to 0 as I had been told by their Technical Director, but hang on a minute, 0 wont go in. Numbers 1-8, YES. Numbers 9 and 0 NO.

Is it me or can the 737 change Regions Automatically?

------------------
    Is he the one?

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Actually you should be happy that you have a manual selection as otherwise some of the newer discs (I only say RCE) won't play.

Though I have seen the Asian version of the 626/737 do multiregion in automode, and even RCE discs played without any problem.

3. dc007

dc007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    My 737 from SDB Electronics is an auto region change. Also, had NO problem with playing HollowMan, a Region Coding Enhanced disc. Cost me £599. Pretty happy with it, though layer change can be a bit slow at times.

4. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
    Ratings:
    +639
    I hope that there is a solution to this, as I am thinking of upgrading my budget player to a 737.

When I think that my cheap and nasty player does auto region (and isn't affected by RCE) and has a very quick layer change, I wonder if its worth the bother.

Surely someone like Techtronics would not have made a mistake like this.. I thought that they were on the 'cutting edge' of hacks.

Surely their hacks would allow auto and manual region selection?

5. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +161
    BadAss,
    Yep, my "Multiregionmagic Mods" 737 is Auto region detect (and manual as a backup) and plays RCE discs no problem.
    Paul

[This message has been edited by PaulB (edited 04-03-2001).]

6. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Finally getting somewhere. After over 2 months of complaining on the phone and sending detailed Emails, a Technition from Techtronics phoned me up and we wnet through the Region select process step by step. Hey presto the player turns out to be faulty.
    He couldn't believe it and whats more I couldn't believe that they have sent me a second duff player concidering its cost me £23 to find out what I knew in the first place!
    Thanks for the Replies guys. Kev.

------------------
    Is he the one?

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    eek - hope my one turns out to be ok. Presumabley if I can switch it to auto then it will be fine.

C.