1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Techtronics.com delivery or not should i say

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by amancalledchip, Jan 26, 2002.

1. amancalledchip

amancalledchip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    been waiting over 2 weeks for my delivery and still nothing.
    so i have now cancelled the order.Still not even showings signs of it being dispatched yet.

Does anyone know where i can get the same sort of deal anywhere else.

The product i ordererd was the Pioneer HC-50SQL: DV-444S/VSX-C300S/S-V50-QL/VP-VV55 Design Component Combination - Silver (SYSTEM-AV0008) which came in at £598 and included 2 stands.

Best i can get close to this is at home cinema but its £619 inc post.Without stands.

2. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,261
    just goes to show, the cheapest price is not always the best!!

3. amancalledchip

amancalledchip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cant say as i would recommend them to anyone.

4. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    try sound and vision phone 01204 861861 they will price beat and deliver.

5. boogie man

boogie man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    did you phone them to see if in they were in stock and phone to check you order as it does take abit long with techtronics 2-3 weeks or 10 working days

6. blackbull

blackbull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are Techtronic.com more reliable with their mod chip work I am intending to use them to modify my Panasonic SC-HT70 DVD all in one system. If not can anyone recommend reputable alternatives?

7. infomatique

infomatique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Over the years I have purchased a number of Items from Techtronics without any problem.

Towards the end of last year I placed an order and was told that the items (mirage speakers) would not be available for six weeks. At the end of this period I received an e-mail saying that Visa had declined payment. As my card was in credit (i.e. they owed me) I was very surprised so I contacted VISA and they told me that they had a problem with the vendor and that they would only authorise payment if I sent a signed fax instructing them to do so. As I had found Techtronics to be a good supplier in the past I decided to authorise the payment.

I sent a email to Techtronics informing them of the problem with Visa and that I would authorise payment.

VISA processed the transaction immediatly but in the meantime Techtronics had over-reacted and cancelled the transaction and supplied the speakers to someone else ... this is where my problems began.

I made a number of phone calls asking about my order and each time I got a different story. After about three weeks I discovered what had actually happened ... apparently when I contacted them they issued a new order but as Visa had paid against the original they (Techtronics) were still awaiting payment against the new order.

To be honest I must say that I had great difficulty communicating with them and I was about to take action to recover my payment when suddenly the order arrived.

I have a number of friends who purchase on a regular basis and all are very happy.

My current opinion ...
    If you wan a modified machine Techtronics is a good option even if there is a long lead time.
    Techtronics are good providing there are no problems.
    If there is a problem they can be difficult to deal with.
    If payment is declined for any reason cancel the order and try again a week or two later.
    This company offers good value on an excellent range of Multiregion DVDPlayers and on limited range of other products ... but be prepared to wait for delivery.
    I live in Dublin and for various reasons I now buy in Germany rather than the UK but this in no way reflects on Techtronics.

8. Dr.Rock

Dr.Rock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I ordered my Pioneer DV-444 from Techtronics a couple of weeks ago, on a Monday night, and it arrived Moday night the following week. So delivery was much better than anticipated.