Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

techsonic question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by matt neil, Jul 20, 2005.

1. matt neil

matt neil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi - i'm new [and pretty dumb] when it comes to linking a/v stuff up. i can just get the 13 pin in the wall!

i recently bought a medion flat screen, a freeview box and a techsonic DVD [from Boots]. i can get the freeview box to appear using scart and i can get my playststion 2 to appear using the yelo, red and white leads but when i use the same leads coming from the techsonic - nothing!

the medion handset has buttons for input and - surprisingly - the scart button brings up the freeview feed and the rgb button [pressed twice to get video 2] brings up the PS2 but the same combination of leads and buttons doesn't get the Techsonic.

i am posting here because medion want me to call during working hours with the machine next to me - can't cos i work and i can't find any info for a techsonic website.

any help or pointing in the right direction would be great - thanks

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,327
    Have you tried the Technosonic DVD player on another TV?

3. matt neil

matt neil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my next step - but it's a pain as [stupidly] i wired everyhting up and fixed to the wall etc before i checked the connections - can you spot what i did wrong there!

so i just wanted to make sure i hadn't or wasn't doing anything else crushingly dumb :rolleyes:

4. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,327
    Most DVD players can output RGB (usually the default), s-video or composite which can often be chosen in the setup menu.
    As a test connect it up to another TV, if you have a TV with 2 scart sockets usually AV1 will be RGB and AV2 can be composite or s-video......I know it's a pain due to you having already fitted them up.........but that's the first step you need to do to ensure the DVD is not faulty before calling Medion Technical.
    Good luck :smashin: