1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

techsonic question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by matt neil, Jul 20, 2005.

1. matt neil

matt neil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi - i'm new [and pretty dumb] when it comes to linking a/v stuff up. i can just get the 13 pin in the wall!

i recently bought a medion flat screen, a freeview box and a techsonic DVD [from Boots]. i can get the freeview box to appear using scart and i can get my playststion 2 to appear using the yelo, red and white leads but when i use the same leads coming from the techsonic - nothing!

the medion handset has buttons for input and - surprisingly - the scart button brings up the freeview feed and the rgb button [pressed twice to get video 2] brings up the PS2 but the same combination of leads and buttons doesn't get the Techsonic.

i am posting here because medion want me to call during working hours with the machine next to me - can't cos i work and i can't find any info for a techsonic website.

any help or pointing in the right direction would be great - thanks

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,882
    Have you tried the Technosonic DVD player on another TV?

3. matt neil

matt neil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my next step - but it's a pain as [stupidly] i wired everyhting up and fixed to the wall etc before i checked the connections - can you spot what i did wrong there!

so i just wanted to make sure i hadn't or wasn't doing anything else crushingly dumb :rolleyes:

4. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,882
    Most DVD players can output RGB (usually the default), s-video or composite which can often be chosen in the setup menu.
    As a test connect it up to another TV, if you have a TV with 2 scart sockets usually AV1 will be RGB and AV2 can be composite or s-video......I know it's a pain due to you having already fitted them up.........but that's the first step you need to do to ensure the DVD is not faulty before calling Medion Technical.
    Good luck :smashin: