Technotrend tt-s2-3600 usb box

goonscilly

Novice Member
I have just received a replacement Technotrend tt-s2-3600 usb box but I still have the problem of not being able to record BBCHD with ac3 .
I am able to watch BBCHD with ac3 and also able to record SAT1 and PRO7 with ac3 (full 5.1 sound) .
Has anybody else got a s2-3600 and been able to record BBCHD with ac3 ? and does anybody know if the new techotrend usb box with CI will be able to record BBCHD with ac3 ? If so this would be useful for sky hd recordings using a d----n or t---x cam with the subsequent recordings going on to additional h/drives.
Goonscilly

harish_agr

Standard Member
I am looking help about how to supply LNB voltage and 22 kHz tone output related information in to DirectShow.

I am trying to tune live signal through Techno Trend device [TT S2-3600] directly from Satellite Dish. In this Scenario, Satellite Dish needs LNB voltage and 22 kHz tone from digital receiver [In my case TT S2-3600]. For this I have supply LNB voltage and 22 kHz tone output related information in to DirectShow. but how ?
In my code IMediaControl.Run() return 1 [I guess it is equivalent to false].
Please let me know if you need any further detail in this regard.

Thanks
Harish

Stephen Neal

Distinguished Member
Don't you need to supply these details in the same way as tuning information - via the BDA drivers? Not show DirectShow is relevant for tuning (and thus LNB Hi/Lo and Polarisation switching) just for video demuxing and decoding?

Stephen Neal

Distinguished Member
I have just received a replacement Technotrend tt-s2-3600 usb box but I still have the problem of not being able to record BBCHD with ac3 .
I am able to watch BBCHD with ac3 and also able to record SAT1 and PRO7 with ac3 (full 5.1 sound) .
Has anybody else got a s2-3600 and been able to record BBCHD with ac3 ? and does anybody know if the new techotrend usb box with CI will be able to record BBCHD with ac3 ? If so this would be useful for sky hd recordings using a d----n or t---x cam with the subsequent recordings going on to additional h/drives.
Goonscilly

What software are you using - it sounds like it is a software or AC3 codec issue rather than a hardware issue? (Though this is an old post so has probably been resolved now? AIUI Pro7 and Sat1 have ceased their HD broadcasts?)

harish_agr

Standard Member
Don't you need to supply these details in the same way as tuning information - via the BDA drivers? Not show DirectShow is relevant for tuning (and thus LNB Hi/Lo and Polarisation switching) just for video demuxing and decoding?

Hi Stephen
Thanks for Reply...
This problem is occurring only when I connect TT S2-3600 Direct from Satellite Dish [There is no other h/w in between Dish and Techno Trend]. However same TT S2-3600 is working in when I connect it with distribution system [Where some hardware connect in between Satellite Dish and TT S2-3600]

As per my knowledge Satellite Dish needs LNB voltage and 22 kHz tone from digital receiver [TT-3600 in my case].
Please help me...

Thanks
Harish

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom