Technotrend Budget S2-3200

sprattgraham

Established Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• tt.gif
    tt.gif
    24.6 KB · Views: 15,469
Great news - even if the BBC HD broadcasts are in DVB-S2 on DSat - this should allow us to receive them.

Now the challenge is real-time MPEG4 decoding - but luckily the newer ATI cards are looking likely to support this.

They say to use the ATI X1800 but I think that a bit over the top the X1300 supports H264.

They are looking at having a onboard MPEG4 decoder card by the end of the year.

Anyone know where I can get a TT-connect S2-3600 USB from in the UK. dvbshop.net dont have them in stock till end of the month!!

Cheers

sprattgraham said:
They say to use the ATI X1800 but I think that a bit over the top the X1300 supports H264.

They are looking at having a onboard MPEG4 decoder card by the end of the year.

i thought x1600 was the minumium for h264, x1300 had 'issues' a couple of months ago...

Anyone know where I can get a TT-connect S2-3600 USB from in the UK. dvbshop.net dont have them in stock till end of the month!!
If www.dvbshop.net don't have stock then I doubt that anyone else does. This USB DVB-S2 device has not actually shipped yet & even the S2-3200 PCI card is in very short supply.

You do realise that at present all the DVB-S2 device will give you over the TT S-1500 DVB-S card is a couple of FTA German channels?

i thought x1600 was the minumium for h264, x1300 had 'issues' a couple of months ago...
The Nvidia cards seem to have better support for H.264 decoding although only PowerDVD 7 uses any hadware assistance. The far more efficient CoreAVC CODEC uses no hardware acceleration. With the latest 91.47 Nvidia drivers I have perfect playback of BBC HD with my onboard 6150 graphics adaptor. CPU utilisation using either CODEC with DVBViewer is 50-60% of Athlon 64 3800+ X2. If I use 81.98 drivers which offer no H.264 acceleration then PowerDVD use 90+% CPU.

hi Nigel

Do the 91.47 drivers allow CoreAvc to work with the correct colours being displayed when using DirectShow deinterlacing? Or are you using CoreAvc with software deinterlacing?

Cheers
John

Do the 91.47 drivers allow CoreAvc to work with the correct colours being displayed when using DirectShow deinterlacing? Or are you using CoreAvc with software deinterlacing?
The fix for the wierd green & magenta colours is to configure CoreAVC to have YUY2 at the top of the list in the Color Space Output list. I don't know what that actually does as I just discovered by experimentation that it fixed it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom