Technosonic 19" problem with finding channels

cally1972

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi
I hope someone can help me! My 6yr old has a 19" LCD Technosonic tv in her room. She had it 2 years ago, but very rarely watched it, then the remote broke and as she didn't really watch the tv we didn't replace it. I have today bought a universal remote (which works!!) and realised i would need to re-tune tv due to digital switchover. Didn't think I would have a problem as it has freeview built in.
However, it would seem I am unable to re-tune?!?!
When i press menu on "tv" i have the option to select "channel" then "autotune", this picks up nothing which is what i would expect as analogue is now defunct.
When I press menu on "DTV" the "channel" option is disabled and I am unable to select it, therefore unable to tune.

I can't see that there are any other options or ways to tune the telly.

Can anyone help me please??:lease:

Many thanks

Cally

Is there a "1st Time Installation" option within the setup menu anywhere.

I've came across a few sets which access the DTV Setup via a different button on the remote.
Maybe try a "Replacement" type remote for your make/model rather than a universal type.
The replacement type remotes have every button as the original just at a (usually) cheaper price.

Thanks, I thought that might be the case, but wasn't too sure. Will have to check out ebay!

Managed to get original remote working by squeezing it very hard at different points (must be loose connection or something inside!) and was able to scan for digital channels, so daughter is now v. happy that her tv is working again! Thanks for your help.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom