• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Technomate

autel

Standard Member
Hello

Might be purchasing a technomate sat receiver. Can anyone advice on a best buy technomate, one that will possibly also record & a buget price & would it also accept the standard sky card that is in my sky box:)

fernandez

Distinguished Member
If you wish to use your Sky card in any Technomate you will also require a suitable CAM such as Dragon/T-Rex/Diablo at around £70 - £90.
Diablo is the best buy as it does other things which can't be discussed here and will enable things that the receiver software doesn't.

A couple of other points..
The Sky card will need to be kept updated in a Sky receiver
Sky are rumoured to be changing cards shortly and it's also rumoured that new cards may not be accepted by emulator CAMs - but who knows

If you get a CAM you will also need a programmer to keep it up to date. The price, for example, of a Diablo CAM and programmer is around £130

mandril

Standard Member
fernandez,

I'm just starting to look into diablo cards and would be interested to know what it does that cant be discussed here.

Its like theres a party going on and I havent been invited :confused:

a PM would really help

thx

logiciel

autel: The 6800HD will record through USB to an external hard drive, including in HD. The Sky card will work in a Diablo cam.

lovelldr

If you're just after a basic bog standard receiver, the tm5400 is a good receiver for less than £100. Doesn't do hd, but allows you to record to usb (although can someone confirm whether it records encrypted programs which have been decrypted yet, because it didn't use to, but I heard from someone it now works...). It's also fairly easy to use as well...

Hope this helps :)

shadows

If you're just after a basic bog standard receiver, the tm5400 is a good receiver for less than £100. Doesn't do hd, but allows you to record to usb (although can someone confirm whether it records encrypted programs which have been decrypted yet, because it didn't use to, but I heard from someone it now works...). It's also fairly easy to use as well...

Hope this helps :)

the tm5400 dosnt record encrypted but the tm5400 super does

lovelldr

any reason why the super can but not the normal one?

Just I have one that someone might be buying from me, and wondered whether there were any patches which would allow the tm5400 normal to work if it's not a super? How do you know whether it's a super or not? Does it say on the box (sorry, dumb question probably, but worth an ask :D)...

D

dakara

Technomate TM-6800 HD problem.

I have just bought one of these, and while the picture quality and ability to receive HD is much better than my old Nokia 210s, I find the setting of the Timer/Programmer so "Clunky" that it is really a tedious operation.
I also hate the way that I cannot set a Programme to record to my DVD Recorder, without having a USB "Device" connected.
At the moment, I am just using a USB Key to do this, since I don't want to tie up an External Hard Drive just for this purpose.
I find that I can read the contents of the USB Key back through the Technomate, but if i plug the Key into my Mac, it comes up with a file such as "[email protected]" which is completely unreadable. :mad:

I am reluctant to buy another External Hard Drive, in case I get the same problem, and in any case, the Technomate imposed Fat32 format limits file sizes to 4Gb, which is ridiculously low.

At the moment, I follow my usual practice of setting the timers of both the Technomate and my Sony DVD Recorder to run concurrently, [just as I used to do with the Nokia], but am obliged to plug in a USB"Device" with free space, at the same time

If I want to make an "Instant" recording to the DVD Recorder, there is no problem, and a USB "Device" is not necessary.
It is the recording of after-midnight movies that causes me grief.

Sorry to be so long winded, but I would really appreciate some advice here, particularly on the problem of reading the USB files on my Mac. :lease:

Oily

Novice Member
With regards to the HDD and fat32,go to the Technomate site,they have a brief manual on how to get round this:
Technomate UK - Your digital partner for life

Or you can do this;
1-connect via USB to your pc first
2-go to my computer and click on right hand mouse
3-select manage
4-go to disk manager
5-see info of the hard disc on the screen
6-right-hand click again
7-delete partition
8-make new partition { it has to be primary }
9-Do not format
10-make the partition active
11-connect to your tm-6900 go to management and format it.
it will formatted for 500 gb of fat 32 by this time
you only do this once. (This info off another site)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom