technomate motor gone missing

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by 1080 jawbreaker, Feb 16, 2014.

1. 1080 jawbreaker

1080 jawbreaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +900
    Weather was good today so time to realign the dish, first thing I I noticed when I parked it at 0.8w was the motor was no where near parallel to the mounting pole, when inspecting the degrees marker, instead of being between 0-1 west is was about 8 degrees out, do you think its jumped some teeth, I only replaced my motor from the 100 stab to the techno because the stab mount wouldn't allow me to fit a 1.1 triax on it.

how can I reset the techno so 1w is almost parallel. If I use the manual motor control to set it to 0-1 as soon as I change channel on the receiver it moves it back to the wrong location :(

im tempted to bin the techno and get a stab 120. always hated the upside down motors

edit, read if I manually move the motor to 0 using e/w button on the motor itself and reset that should cure it.

Noticed ive over tightened the pole clamp and crushed it. ***. not a good day

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  2. pedro2000uk

pedro2000uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,083
    Go to Reference or goto zero from an stb should do just that but more accurately & then do a soft or a hard reset with a pin.

3. 1080 jawbreaker

1080 jawbreaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +900
    got the motor realigned but because ive crushed the pole sat tracking is a mile off :(