1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Technology Switching

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by oconnpad, Oct 29, 2005.

1. oconnpad

oconnpad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Reading this post on projector central and Manhar's post about brand loyalty got me thinking would people switching technology?

AE900 Vs PE7700

It seem to me that a lot of people will switch brands no problem once the new projector meets their needs but what about DLP users buying LCD?

Obviously rainbow affected users will just be happy the LCD current crop are (seemingly) out preforming DLP but would DLP users be tempted by any of the new LCD machines????

2. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +772
    Well, Im contemplating switching my Sony HS50 (LCD) for an Optoma H79 (DLP).

I may change my mind after a dem later in the week, but I don't see any where else I can go in the LCD camp..... unless I fork out £6000 for a Ruby.

3. MikeD

MikeD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've had mainly DLP projectors over the last few years because I found that for my taste they give a much more pleasing and film like picture even compared to higher resolution LCD machines.
    When it comes time to upgrade I will definitely check out all of the different technologies in my price range as improvements are constantly being made.
    I will of course also have to consider the fact that the Optoma H30 I currently have has run faultlessly so far and I've found Optoma's support to be second to none.
    So there will be some brand loyalty involved but not necessarily enough to stop me from at least looking at all the options before deciding.

4. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,123
    I've seen CRT, DLP, LCD and LCOS, and given the choice, I still like DLP - though I wouldn't rule out any technology if it delivered an image that for me looked better than what I currently have.

All have pros and cons, you just have to decide which ones matter to you and which ones don't, including logistics and WAF for example.

I've been very happy with Optoma too, so anything new that they produce will be of interest to me naturally, and of course Sim2 who also seem to provide a product and service that is exceptional.

Gary