Technology rant and temper tantrums

travid

Prominent Member
Reaction score
What an idiot!

Sky box froze last night. Switch off at mains? Not me, throw the controller at the box in a girly temper :eek:

What a T***! Sky do not recommend this and neither does any manual.

Why do some of us still have temper tantrums that can actually break the things we spend a lot of money on and find a lot of joy in?

Get off my fat arse, swith off at mains, make coffee, switch on, wait a minute, voila, sky box works, OR, throw controller at sky box, possibly breaking both? Hmmm, let me think :rolleyes:

Anyone else have these idiotic moments, especially in regard to "our" technology?

My V+HD box has never froze so I don't know what you're talking about :D

My Sky+HD box used to freeze all the time and I got very cross with it :rolleyes:

Just remembered, caught my 51 year old brother poking the TV screen (Leave it!), in frustration at yet another "if only" defeat by Wales V South Africa:laugh:

Lets be honest here, the Sky boxes are peices of ****

Why cant they make a reliable box? Ive wanted to throw mine out the window many a time but luckily its still going today (a launch HD box aswell)

Mrs Cs got one of these at work...

YouTube - Jibber Jabber Toy

...she likes to wring it's neck after seeing 'awkward' clients.
Perhaps Sky should provide one with every box since they don't look like fixing their buggy firmware any time soon. :rolleyes:

Why cant they make a reliable box? Ive wanted to throw mine out the window many a time but luckily its still going today (a launch HD box aswell)

Switch to Virgin like I did mate! :thumbsup:

Switch to Virgin like I did mate! :thumbsup:

Virgin boxes are a big bag of ****. awful things. The most unreliable items i've ever owned. I went through 6 in 8 months and the Samsung box was removed by Virgin because it was so unreliable.

Indeed its so unreliable that i dont use it anymore i replaced it with a Humax Free HD box. The Virgin box is in the spare room.

It answer the OP's question - no i dont smash my equipment up - i'd get on an anger managerment course if i were you. :smashin:

G

A couple of years ago I lost my temper with my son and in sheer frustration I stamped on his Nintendo DS and smashed it.

Didn't feel quite so clever the following day when I had to go out and buy him another one :(

A couple of years ago I lost my temper with my son and in sheer frustration I stamped on his Nintendo DS and smashed it.

Didn't feel quite so clever the following day when I had to go out and buy him another one :(

Haha and I thought I was bad smashing up three PS3 controls while playing MW2.

Have smashed a controller off the floor in frustration when playing some racing games. Split second away from winning a difficult race and you lose it.

How on earth does a souped up boy racer beat an Aston anyway?!

More by accident than out of temper. Was practising a swing with a 6-iron, and forgot the PC mini-tower was behind me - big thud and it was game over :-o

Made 2 backups of iPhone as had very important things on it. Upgraded firmware and it wouldn't restore. Why? Because iTunes decided to do an autobackup after the upgrade which erased my backup.

Sky remote promptly went 50" plasma-wards and bang. Big chip in screen!

I am now reminded every day not to lose my temper

Haha and I thought I was bad smashing up three PS3 controls while playing MW2.

Made 2 backups of iPhone as had very important things on it. Upgraded firmware and it wouldn't restore. Why? Because iTunes decided to do an autobackup after the upgrade which erased my backup.

Sky remote promptly went 50" plasma-wards and bang. Big chip in screen!

I am now reminded every day not to lose my temper

Good God, you guys are as crazy as me!

Feel a little better now:D

DSCF0064.jpg
[/IMG]

I've gone through about 8 of these since owning my PS3 courtesy of FIFA and some horrendous AI ...... oh and being a long standing member of the AVF Official League :D

Most of them have been bought through the AVF classifieds :rolleyes:

DSCF0064.jpg
[/IMG]

I've gone through about 8 of these since owning my PS3 courtesy of FIFA and some horrendous AI ...... oh and being a long standing member of the AVF Official League :D

Most of them have been bought through the AVF classifieds :rolleyes:

:D

I'm no mild mannered guy by a long shot and I do like my vidya games, but just don't have it in me to destroy my own valuable stuff... other people or other peoples stuff however....

The best technology rage fests had to be street fighter on the super nintendo. I've never seen so many thrown controllers, huffs and near punch ups in all my life.

Thinking about I don't think I have ever known a reliable STB... OnDigital, NTL, Virgin, Cheapo Argos one, Humax - all pretty slow and ropey, they all have **** software of sorts! Never had Sky, but the way people seem to go on about it I though their boxes would be dead reliable.

Never lost my temper with the things though, I am so used to the "turn of at mains, reset routine", seems to work for everything these days :confused:

Thinking about I don't think I have ever known a reliable STB... OnDigital, NTL, Virgin, Cheapo Argos one, Humax - all pretty slow and ropey, they all have **** software of sorts! Never had Sky, but the way people seem to go on about it I though their boxes would be dead reliable.

Never lost my temper with the things though, I am so used to the "turn of at mains, reset routine", seems to work for everything these days :confused:

Get a Topfield 5800 and install MyStuff. You will be amazed!

Get a Topfield 5800 and install MyStuff. You will be amazed!

Does that offer the same sort of content as a Sky HD box?

....and will it break if I throw things at it?:D

Does that offer the same sort of content as a Sky HD box?

....and will it break if I throw things at it?:D

It's not HD, but in terms of software functionality, No other PVR can touch it. Truly amazing piece of kit, and MyStuff is free.
Takes a bit of setting up, but if you're not afraid to get your hands dirty, the results pay off.

I think that slinging stuff around in a temper is infantile regressive, and spit dummy syndrome.

I think that slinging stuff around in a temper is infantile regressive, and spit dummy syndrome.

Thats the first thing you have written that I've understood PP:D

You are right, of course, but when that red mist comes down...:mad:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom