Technistar,Technomate

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by BILLTHECELT, Sep 21, 2007.

1. BILLTHECELT

BILLTHECELT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Totally forgot I joined this forum a while back.I'm far from an expert on satellite stuff so I have a couple of questions and general wonderingments,

1) On the back of my technomate box there is a "loop" connector,what is this
    for?

2) I was given a technistar 4000,it picks up FTA no problem but it has a card
    slot,what cards can I put in it? will it take a Sky card?

3) Does the aforementioned "loop" on the technomate mean that I can use
    it to view whatever is on there through another box (i.e. the technistar
    one),that is to watch two different programs on two different TV's?

I hope the questions are clear as,like I said,I'm far from an expert.I would greatly appreciate any help or additional info on this matter,thanks in advance,

Bill.

2. fernandez

fernandez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    1) The loopthrough simply passes the LNB connection through to another receiver BUT if the two receiver are both used together the second receiver will only receive channels from the same satellite and of the same polarity as the Technomate.
    In other words the Technomate is the master.
    If the Technomate is switched off, the LNB is passed straight through and the second receiver can be fully controlled

2) NO- Sky requires a Videoguard CAM (not available separately) or a Dragon or Diablo CAM which can emulate Videoguard but will not update the card - a Sky receiver is needed for that. Is it a card slot or a CAM slot? If it's a card slot it depends which encryptions it will handle with the embedded CAM

3) YES and NO - see above. It outputs the LNB input from the Technomate not RF of any description