Question Technisat Technicorder ISIO SC

emjga

Standard Member
Reaction score
Folks

Currently have a Humax Freesat box which can record 2 channels at the same time.
Which works very well.

However find sometimes need to record 3 channels at the same time.
So was looking for a 3 or 4 channel recorder
I have found this one Technisat Technicorder ISIO SC
However it is a make I have never heard of and can not find any reviews on it.
Technisat Technicorder ISIO STC CI+ Quattro Twin Tuner PVR Black
Belive it can be fitted with a 1TB HDD to record programs
Also think it needs a extra module to get four satellite inputs

Usage FreeSAT , HD and SD , At least 500GB HDD to store programs ,

Does anybody have any comments on this make / model ?
Or any alternative options.

Thanks in advance.

Technisat are a well know German manufacture been around for years. They made the Sky DRX300 for Amstrad and had a both a Freesat box HDFS and also Freeview box HDFV the latter was surprisingly was very poorly supported by them, had an issue with a change to BBC broadcasts which was not fixed. Support for their other products has been generally good. Still have one of their SD receivers about twenty year old now but not used nowadays.

Alternatives for multi tuner are Linux receivers, many around and most have multiple tuner options.

Do you realise it's a generic satellite receiver and not Freesat so you'll have no 7 day EPG (only now & next) no automatic update of channel list and no series linking?

A Linux receiver whilst still a generic and not officially Freesat can have plugins installed to offer very similar features for channel list, EPG and series linking. Something like the VU+ Duo2:

VU+ Duo 2 (SELECT YOUR TUNERS) Enigma2 Linux Receiver Full HD 1080p PVR READY

Kevkbuk : Thanks was not aware it would not support 7 day EPG
The Vu+ Duo2 looks interesting , since I come from a Linux background that might be worth looking at in more detail.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom