Technisat Multytenne Alternative?

spinaltap

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live in a conservation area, where even installing a zone 1 Sky mini dish is frowned upon (requiring local planning approval).

Even so, I plan on installing a multi-lnb dish, and have looked at the Technisat Multytenne (which is comparable in size to a standard Sky dish).

Are there any alternatives that I haven't considered?

Can't you place a normal dish at ground level; where it's out of sight of the conservationists?

Zone 2 sky dishes are good for multi LNB, if installed at height away from other dishes most wouldn't notice the size difference. A good alternative would be to motorise either...

Zone 2 sky dishes are good for multi LNB, if installed at height away from other dishes most wouldn't notice the size difference. A good alternative would be to motorise either...

Yip thats really true, all the more so with the new Zone 1 dishes being more like a one and a half size wise. See my Zone 2 rig up here:

IMAG0987-1.jpg

What are the two "interesting";) looking LNBs, and what are they pointed at?

What are the two "interesting";) looking LNBs, and what are they pointed at?

The focus was 19E and the offset was 13E, I added 28E on the other side and thats as far as I went with it.

Why the LNBs that look like something out of a "toys" catalogue though?

There designed for (Alledged!! 3 degrees on a 60cm dish & 2 degrees on a 80cm) close spacing for multi sat reception.

Kev mate you have made me sad posting that link, my six LNB rig came down yesterday, the 28E quad had went faulty bit by bit the last couple of months and had all but packed it in yesterday, I ended up having to stick up a kit I use for installs with just three single LNBs for Hotbird,Astra 19 & 28E, Im going to leave the old rig as is as a wee part of history. A moment please.......................:(

Kevkbuk bows his head for one minutes silence. :D

Thanks mate, its time to pay my respects by getting two Triax TD multi kits my power drill & the original A-Team theme music audio tape blasting and come up with some hardcore rig.:smashin:

They are the same as the last time you asked
As they're for 13 and 19 I thought they might be something different from then.

I live in a conservation area, where even installing a zone 1 Sky mini dish is frowned upon (requiring local planning approval).

Even so, I plan on installing a multi-lnb dish, and have looked at the Technisat Multytenne (which is comparable in size to a standard Sky dish).

Are there any alternatives that I haven't considered?

Definitely agree about using a Sky dish - they lend themselves to multi lnb setups with that horizontally oval shape & aesthetically it's still just another sky dish & that lower profile means it's easier to hide under a roof line too .. - we've had 28.2e ... 13e ... 5w on a zone one just as a test, that's 33 degrees.

What satellites/ channels do you want to get .. ?

A sky zone two dish optimised for motorised in the middle of the UK with a good view will get over 30 satellites, (57e 53e 45e 42e 39e 36e 33e 28.5/2e 23.5e 19.2e 16e 13e 10e 7e 5e 3e 0.8-1w 5w 8w 12.5w 15w 18w 22w 24.5w 27.5w 30w 34.5w 37.5w 45w 58w) ... some TPs / beams will be low or too low but otherwise over 5000 channels will be more than acceptable & a zone one is not that far behind.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom