Technisat HDFV warranty servicing.

SATM

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have had my receiver for over 2 years,and it now requires servicing.
Technisat's warranty is 3 years,but given their effective withdrawal from the UK,and the length of time since I purchased the receiver,is that warranty still actionable,and,if so,is the retailer still the first port of call?
Thanks.

My understanding is that in general the retailer is always the first port of call and, only if he is not available, should you approach the manufacturer.

But what do you mean by "servicing"?

Warranties usually cover fault repair only.

My understanding is that in general the retailer is always the first port of call and, only if he is not available, should you approach the manufacturer.

But what do you mean by "servicing"?

Warranties usually cover fault repair only.
I think there is a fault with my receiver,which would require investigation by a service engineer,hence my reference to "servicing".
However,I did wonder if Technisat was still supporting the HDFV,given their withdrawal from the UK,and the cheap prices the HDFV is now being sold at.

I think there is a fault with my receiver,which would require investigation by a service engineer,hence my reference to "servicing".
However,I did wonder if Technisat was still supporting the HDFV,given their withdrawal from the UK,and the cheap prices the HDFV is now being sold at.

If you tell us what the problem with the receiver is, maybe someone on here can advise?
No point in going to lots of trouble if there's nothing wrong with the box. :)

If you tell us what the problem with the receiver is, maybe someone on here can advise?
No point in going to lots of trouble if there's nothing wrong with the box. :)
It has been subject to intermittent freezing,but now,after our region's DSO,it loses picture,after a few seconds,on the BBC's HD channels,while maintaining audio,but the picture,and audio, on the ITV,and Channel 4,HD channels,as well as all the SD ones,are stable.
With the same HDMI cable,I have no problems with my i-Can receiver.

It has been subject to intermittent freezing,but now,after our region's DSO,it loses picture,after a few seconds,on the BBC's HD channels,while maintaining audio,but the picture,and audio, on the ITV,and Channel 4,HD channels,as well as all the SD ones,are stable.
With the same HDMI cable,I have no problems with my i-Can receiver.

Thanks, I don't have one but have seen a lot of favourable reports here.

Quite a lot about what seems similar problems (to me) and firmware updates have been mentioned and is it channel zero?

Anyway I seem to remember a fw update that maybe someone will email to you, maybe worth checking what version you are on?

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will give more information soon.

Good luck. :smashin:

PS. I have an I-can too and find that very good.

Thanks, I don't have one but have seen a lot of favourable reports here.

Quite a lot about what seems similar problems (to me) and firmware updates have been mentioned and is it channel zero?

Anyway I seem to remember a fw update that maybe someone will email to you, maybe worth checking what version you are on?

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will give more information soon.

Good luck. :smashin:

PS. I have an I-can too and find that very good.

I think there is some confusion here between Technika and Technisat.

Well done, prking. :smashin:

I was waiting to see who would be the first to spot that... :D

Well done, prking. :smashin:

I was waiting to see who would be the first to spot that... :D

Hello Mr G. I was thinking about becoming a relative of yours, I could be:

S.G! :blush: :D

In my defence (sort of) I suppose it could still be a firmware problem though?

Hi SATM,
The picture disappearing sounds like the dreaded 'Red Button' problem, there's a workaround for it posted around here.
Select your BBC HD channel, press the red button, wait a few seconds for the yellow banner to appear at the bottom of the screen, using your left or right cursor select 301, can't remember if it's BBC One HD or BBC HD, and this should allow you to see 2 out of the 3 channels without the picture disappearing.
Also, you are still able to record and see the picture (it works for that) using the normal channel selection you tried before.
It doesn't look like Technisat are going to provide a fix for this, and it could be that it only affects the BBC HD coverage.:)

Thanks for the earlier responses.
I have had a good result.
The retailer accepted the return of the Technisat,and refunded me the original purchase price.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom