Technisat digicorder K2 PVR failed hard drive

webbyq

Standard Member
Reaction score
My Technisat digicorder K2 PVR's Samsung SP1654N 106gig hard drive has finally given up the ghost after clicking for some time then refusing access to it and is now stuck in seek mode.

I've purchased a new Western Digital AV WD1600AVJB 160gig replacement drive but it refuses to work as it came on any jumper setting although the digi box can see it.

Is it just a matter of simply formatting the drive in NTFS or FAT32 or is my box particular really fussy about what drive is has?

Last edited:
Formatted hard drive in NTFS but it's still not working as it should but digibox and all channels work fine. Tried factory reset.

There is a serial port at the back so perhaps I need a program to help with drive recognition.

My Technisat digicorder K2 PVR's Samsung SP1654N 106gig hard drive has finally given up the ghost after clicking for some time then refusing access to it and is now stuck in seek mode.

I've purchased a new Western Digital AV WD1600AVJB 160gig replacement drive but it refuses to work as it came on any jumper setting although the digi box can see it.

Is it just a matter of simply formatting the drive in NTFS or FAT32 or is my box particular really fussy about what drive is has?

Not sure if this is similar to the Technisat Digicorder T1 ? but I upgraded my T1 to a 160Gb HD. Sent the jumper on the HD and then used the Technisat Menu to format the drive.....

I hope my post has been of use :)

To me it points to a jumper issue. The original drive was set to Master (1 drive).

I've seen many posts and they mostly point to jumper setting but I've tried all jumper settings formatted and as the drive came but still it only sees the disc size but won't give me the option to format it.

Technisat won't help either

To me it points to a jumper issue. The original drive was set to Master (1 drive).

I've seen many posts and they mostly point to jumper setting but I've tried all jumper settings formatted and as the drive came but still it only sees the disc size but won't give me the option to format it.

PVR's typically use proprietary disc formats.... not the standard variety of PC formats.

This is much more likely to be the issue.
Without the means to format you are probably stuck here unfortunately.

Have you tried posting a message to Technisat ?

TechniSat Digital: Contact & Hotline

I used this when I enquired about upgrade possibilities for the 80GB HD in my Technisat Digicorder T1 and they were VERY VERY helpful. If I recall they told me the max size HD I could fit in the Digicorder was 160GB... some BIOS type limitation...from memory

Last edited by a moderator:
I did try that but got this reply

"many thanks for your email.
We cannot give recommendations for replacing the hard disk by different reasons, unfortunately.
Please apply to a Technisat dealer and ask him for that service. We hope we could have been of help."

I believe my range is 80 to 250gig but I've replaced like for like in the hope of avoiding compatability issues and to be honest I wouldn't use 250gig.

Thanks for your post

Have you tried posting a message to Technisat ?

TechniSat Digital: Contact & Hotline

I used this when I enquired about upgrade possibilities for the 80GB HD in my Technisat Digicorder T1 and they were VERY VERY helpful. If I recall they told me the max size HD I could fit in the Digicorder was 160GB... some BIOS type limitation...from memory

PVR's typically use proprietary disc formats.... not the standard variety of PC formats.

This is much more likely to be the issue.
Without the means to format you are probably stuck here unfortunately.

Thanks for info I've rung up the local retailer who has got onto Technisat and asked for their help. Hopefully they'll be more help to them than they were to me.

Thanks for info I've rung up the local retailer who has got onto Technisat and asked for their help. Hopefully they'll be more help to them than they were to me.

OK perhaps another option:

Why not sign up to post in a forum like this:

DIGITAL FERNSEHEN - Forum

I've done that it the past for my technisat product.

Don't worry that your post is not in the German language, you still stand a very good chance of getting a response.....and in English.

I hope my post has been of use :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom