Technika TV 32/244 firmware updates?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by commando, Sep 2, 2012.

1. commando

commando
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need to update my firmware for my Technika 32"/244 LCD TV. Could anyone please point me in the direction where I could download the files I need? For some reason the TV doesn't like mkv or mpeg4 files. I'm hoping that uploading the missing files I'll be able to watch the other formats. Cheers

2. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,506
    How do you know that there is a firmware update available? The manufacturer's website is the only place to download firmware updates. However, I know nothing about Technika.

3. commando

commando
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi davepuma. As the TV is over 2 years old and unable to read mkv/mpeg4 files, I thought that an upgrade/fix would be available. I have had a look at various sites that do upgrades (software and firmware) but I have not found any. I thought by coming to this forum, I might meet others with the same problem as me. If there are no upgrades, then although its only 2 years old, it will be consigned to the tip and a better more up-to-date tv willbe installed. If Technika are unable to supply an upgrade, then I'll go to a reputable firm that will supply a tv with a good track record.

4. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,506
    I think that is your best option or you could simply add a second hand netbook, raspberry pi or similar running OpenElec or windows/XBMC. I'm sure that someone will take your TV off your hands, the tip for a 2year old TV seems a bit drastic.