whats the use of the ethernet port at the back
connected to it nothing happens
can some one explain which box is the best to buy at the moment
i am talking about the technika ones sold by tesco
stbhdis2010
stbhdh2010
stbhdv 2010

brian badonde

Hi,in my experience the technika stbhdis2010 is the box to purchase. It's a bargain and very reliable even a refurb unit from e bay will do fine.

boxer29

Novice Member
Hi,in my experience the technika stbhdis2010 is the box to purchase. It's a bargain and very reliable even a refurb unit from e bay will do fine.

thanks
bought this box technika stbhdv2010
can you tell me whats the use of Ethernet port at the back of technika stbhdv2010
ive got the Ethernet plunged into it ,has got the network ,
but nothing happens
is there any use or i can take the internet wire out of the Ethernet port at the back
thanks

brian badonde

As far as i know the IS in stbhdIS2010 stands for "internet services", the V in your box stands for Vestel- the turkish manufacturer. I don't think your "v" box is supported for ch zero or bbc i-player, i may be wrong. Try and pick up a Technika STBHDIS2010 from tesco-outlet on flea-bay for around the £20 mark, re-furbished. Its a bargain and should come with bbc i-player software update included. :smashin:

lbear

is there any posibility of this box getting the i player or the channel zero
mine says at the bottom DVB670/T8300
sw ver 2_44
whats the use of the ethernet port at the back
connected to it nothing happens
can some one explain which box is the best to buy at the moment
i am talking about the technika ones sold by tesco
stbhdis2010
stbhdh2010
stbhdv 2010
The IS, not the long discontinued and defunct Harvard or Vestel. Only the IS of the three can get iPlayer and is far better than the others. If it does not come with 0225 version software which implements iPlayer; ask on here. All suffixes (none, A and HY are the same hardware. Get a refurb for under £24.

Last edited:

Darkstar_surfer

I now have my sixth box and it locked up after a week at some point last night. I have a mix of 0161 ver firmware which does not get Channel Zero and therefore no iplayer and some 0225 ver Firmware that does. I think I am going to simple give up and ask for my money back and buy a Humax HD Fox T2.

Railway

I now have my sixth box and it locked up after a week at some point last night. I have a mix of 0161 ver firmware which does not get Channel Zero and therefore no iplayer and some 0225 ver Firmware that does. I think I am going to simple give up and ask for my money back and buy a Humax HD Fox T2.

Well from your other thread you've certainly persevered and haven't given up easily!
I just wondered how many you'd end up with. :rotfl:

Good luck with the Humax, I have the Foxsat HDR and find it very good. The Fox T2 gets good reviews on here. :)

Darkstar_surfer

I have a fox T2 in the living room and it is great.

This morning I noticed when in standby the red led was blinking about once every three seconds. When the power button was pressed it displays a P and is locked up. Maybe I just need to leave it for longer than I have, like an hour or six.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom