Technika HD STB

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by blackmath, Sep 3, 2012.

1. blackmath

blackmath
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    After using my box using SCART for a few days before finally getting a cheap HDMI cable, the signal strength massively weakens and all the HD channels don't work. After doing a retune I had to remove the HDMI cable to get them back on another retune. (Signal quality also deteriorates on other channels although I get them fine).

I've seen this mentioned in a few other threads, but is this a known problem on some Freeview HD boxes?

Is the problem with the box (i.e. issue with the circuitboard) or will using some will using some electronic tape to shield the RF cable near the box help?

Quite annoyed by this. I'm also not paying extortionate prices for cables for a half baked workaround.

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  2. brian badonde

brian badonde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Blackmath, i have a Technika STBHDIS2010 freeview box and often have to try and move the hdmi cable away from the aerial cable as i've read somewhere that interference can occur between these cables.Its pretty hard to do this on my Technika though as both cable inputs are right next to each other, means i do get occasional signal drop and i reach behind box to push/twiddle with Aerial input. Hope this helps

3. winston2010

winston2010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +187
    HDMI cables are known to radiate interference, especially the expensive ones. 99p ones from a well known shop seem to be better in this respect. The RF in cable is probably suspect as well. It should be double screened satellite grade with the coax plugs properly fitted (soldered).

How to wire a Belling-Lee connector

Doubt if wrapping tape round it will help but you could try.

4. Boostrail

Boostrail

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +393
    Hi you do not say which TechniKa HD STB you have? AFAIK they have marketed at least 3 totally different models from different suppliers under the TechniKa brand.

I agree that using 99p store HDMI cables with sat/cable grade coax certainly gives me no problem on a Technika STBHDIS2010.

5. blackmath

blackmath
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm using really cheap HDMI cables from ebuyer. Works perfectly for everything else :(

I've given up though. Freeview HD looks pretty poor compared to the same channels on satellite anyway.

Just gonna go freesat for now.