forrestgump

asking for a colleague, anyone know how to make this region free thx

jdpitts

Standard Member
Found this somewhere...

Multi-Region:

* Press the Open button on the front of the player
* Press the Setup button on your remote control
* Using the Left button on your remote control, change the display to the Preference Page
* Press the Down button on your remote control to highlight the Set TV Standard option
* Using your remote control, press the buttons 4, 9, 5, 4 and 0, in order, one at a time
NB : You may need to perform this step quicker if this doesn't work as expected
* The onscreen display will display the currently selected region
* Using the Up and Down buttons on your remote control, change the region to 1 for region 1, 2 for region 2, and so on, or 0 for multi-region playback
* Power Off your player
* Power On your player

jorah

Standard Member
Found this somewhere...

Multi-Region:

* Press the Open button on the front of the player
* Using the Left button on your remote control, change the display to the Preference Page
* Press the Down button on your remote control to highlight the Set TV Standard option
* Using your remote control, press the buttons 4, 9, 5, 4 and 0, in order, one at a time
NB : You may need to perform this step quicker if this doesn't work as expected
* The onscreen display will display the currently selected region
* Using the Up and Down buttons on your remote control, change the region to 1 for region 1, 2 for region 2, and so on, or 0 for multi-region playback
* Power Off your player
* Power On your player
That doesn't work, there is no "preference" or "Set TV Standard" in the Setup menu for this model. :( Does anyone know one that works?

benjylane

Standard Member
I have a Technika dvd faw08 and the remote has stopped working, does anyone know if there is a website i can go to or a phone number that i can ring to try and get a free new one ??? :lease:

darkcloud2011

Novice Member
my local tescos sell a technika dvd 1033 that can be made region free for a fiver dont know if any of yours have them in but mine have loads just thaught id let you know if you want an alternitve

benjylane

Standard Member
Cheers daniel i may have to go and have a look then nd give my little boy the 1 without a remote. I mean it only cost £18 im just being a tight wad.
Cheers:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom