• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

technika backlight issue

brentus

Standard Member
hey all im new on here. i recently picked up a 40 inch technika off my friend with a fault. the fault was it was stuck in standby. i researched and found a replacement power board 17pw16-2 on ebay from a tv with a broken screen.
so i bought it and today it arrived. fitted it and it switched on with sound and half a full picture but partly lit up which instantly went off, but the set remained on with sound. so now im led to believe the 2nd power board is faulty as they are comon for this. anyone have any ideas on a fix for the backlight to actualy stay on? any advice would be great. ps i transfered the caps that you get in the repair kits from the old board to the new one and still no diference. however the kits state to replace ic829 but there isnt a number on the board or part that i can see with that number.:lease:

ProDave

Contact the ebay seller and see if he has the rest of the boards from his scrap tv for sale. Sounds like you also need an inverter board.

brentus

Standard Member
Contact the ebay seller and see if he has the rest of the boards from his scrap tv for sale.

the rest of the boards in his are different as it was an acoustic solutions tv. but they share the same power supply as technica aswell as about 10 other brands:(

ProDave

the rest of the boards in his are different as it was an acoustic solutions tv. but they share the same power supply as technica aswell as about 10 other brands:(

That's a Vestel part number for that PSU board. Vestel make tv chassis for all sorts of brands. So just search for the part number for the inverter board for your set.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom