Technika 32A32B-HD Android TV Help

sputnik

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All

We bought a Technika 32 inch Android TV from Tesco to use as a second TV over the weekend. It is fine and will do the job but it has an annoying quirk which I am hoping someone has found a solution for.
There seems to be no way (that I can see) to disable the keypad sound as you navigate around the Android TV. They have also chosen a particularly annoying chime that sets my nerves on edge.

Does anyone have a Technika Android TV set who can tell me if this is something that can be fixed?

Many Thanks

Call the retailer (Tesco) for support on this own-brand (Vestel?) set? Link to Tesco Technica TV Model support. They should know.

May be worth a delve into any e-Manual the set has - or even asking it's "Assistant" to find out how?
Check out options under the Sound Setup menus - (Android) System Sounds seems a candidate for the naming of the 'feature' that needs disabling? {That works on Sony Android TVs, Google search tells me.}.
TCL TVs its under an a Sound Advanced Options sub menu and is called Sound Feedback

Good luck finding it - it's an annoying feature on a lot of devices that I always disable asap.

Thanks Rodders53
Call the retailer (Tesco) for support on this own-brand (Vestel?) set? Link to Tesco Technica TV Model support. They should know.

May be worth a delve into any e-Manual the set has - or even asking it's "Assistant" to find out how?
Check out options under the Sound Setup menus - (Android) System Sounds seems a candidate for the naming of the 'feature' that needs disabling? {That works on Sony Android TVs, Google search tells me.}.
TCL TVs its under an a Sound Advanced Options sub menu and is called Sound Feedback

Good luck finding it - it's an annoying feature on a lot of devices that I always disable asap.
Thanks, I’ve read through the manual and looked at the sound settings menu on the TV which is very sparse 😞
Good call on Google Assistant, I’ll give that a try and if that doesn’t work it’s off to Tesco Support, though I am not hopeful.

Another quirk is that I can’t seem to update the on demand players like iPlayer or All4 from the Google Play store.
It’s a Freeview Play TV and I couldn’t even open those apps until I plugged in an aerial so it may be related to that.

I guess this is what you have to deal with on a £170 TV

Can you sideload apps on the TV ?

Probably not but if you can maybe an alternate launcher for android could work.

Not being able to update apps could be a forced compatibility option as if its not real Android TV but Android tablet then updating the apps may break them due to whatever customization they've done..

Freeview Play needs a UHF aerial to work and that enables the Freeview 7-day forwards epg and then the 'backward epg'. With streamed programmes fed from iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 and Demand 5. Including on some programmes the "watch from start" offering you may have seen?

It's all part of the Freeview Play spec, I expect - just as it was (is) for the previous You View spec that did a similar EPG thing but got, effectively, hijacked by pay tv channels from BT and others.

Tesco will have specified the features they wanted from the maker (almost certainly Vestel - a made in Turkey label would confirm). Tesco should provide support.

PS Why do you think the apps may need updating? They are almost certainly auto-updated by default on the TV operating system? I'd expect any new TV install to look for and update its firmware and base software apps almost immediately to get the set up to date as soon as possible after unboxing.

Only Extra Apps (not installed with the set by default) would be available from the Store (of whatever OS, Android or set makers' own).

Can you sideload apps on the TV ?

Probably not but if you can maybe an alternate launcher for android could work.

Not being able to update apps could be a forced compatibility option as if its not real Android TV but Android tablet then updating the apps may break them due to whatever customization they've done..
I think you can side load from usb stick, pretty sure it was mentioned in the manual.

PS Why do you think the apps may need updating?

Pure OCD 😄 I saw there were updates available in the store and had to catch them all!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom