Technika 22-228W - VGA sound input?

dannyb0yuk

My thoroughly technologically inept neighbour has recently bought one of these televisions and is routinely using it to view her netbook on a larger screen. However, she is currently confined to only having the netbook's pitiful sound. I suggested she purchase a 3.5 jack to RCA lead and use the audio inputs on the side of the TV. She's currently getting nothing while doing this and I'm starting to think that those inputs will only work on the component channel. I'm not hearing anything when I switch to that either, although that may be down to no component video cables being attached.

Is anyone aware as to whether there is a way to get the TV to accept the sound input and be able to hear it while watching the VGA input?

Swinkid

Standard Member
i think theres an option on the TV, not sure, i've got the TV myself and plug my pc into it since i have no other monitor atm (don't connect it via hdmi, it looks grose...) else get some speakers and plug them into the netbook. I've came accross this problem before, but sincei have PC speakers anyway i've never t ried to over come it since its not important for me. Damn cheap ass TV's ;3 Deffo getting a new TV or new monitor next year...

JayCee

Distinguished Member
When a TV has a VGA input there will always be an audio input associated with it, usually a 3.5mm stereo jack socket or stereo phono sockets.
It's a case of reading the user manual or turning the TV around and looking closely at what's printed adjacent to the VGA socket.
Side-mounted inputs on TVs are usually Composite video (Yellow) and Stereo audio (Red & White) and these are unlikely to be the audio in associated with the VGA input.

dannyb0yuk

When a TV has a VGA input there will always be an audio input associated with it, usually a 3.5mm stereo jack socket or stereo phono sockets.
It's a case of reading the user manual or turning the TV around and looking closely at what's printed adjacent to the VGA socket.
Side-mounted inputs on TVs are usually Composite video (Yellow) and Stereo audio (Red & White) and these are unlikely to be the audio in associated with the VGA input.

Indeed there was. How I missed it, I'll never know. There's a 3.5 jack just below the VGA port and I'm frankly baffled as to how I didn't realise that. Maybe I was just expecting it to be an RCA and never considered anything else, but I'm still surprised that I didn't investigate what it actually was!!!

Thanks to all who responded :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom