Technika 1030 (Tesco Value DVD Player)

Bebeto 94

Established Member
Reaction score
This works a treat for multi region playback on this cheap and cheerful (if not noisy) player

1. Press the Open button on your remote control to open the drive tray
2. Press the Setup button on your remote control
3. Press the Next button on your remote control
4. Press the Next button on your remote control
5. Press the Next button on your remote control
6. Press the Next button on your remote control
7. The currently selected region should be displayed on the onscreen display
8. Using the Left button on your remote control, change the region to 1 for region 1, 2 for region 2, and so on, or 255 for multi-region playback
9. Press the Setup button on your remote control

Shame there isnt a hack to quieten this thing down , on my second one now and this one too sounds like a Chinook helicopter taking off !! :eek:

Does that player play DVD-R discs:thumbsup:

Cant help you im afraid , after 2 of these units i went back to Tesco and got my money back however from what ive read yes they will play DVD-R`s. These players are cheap and there is a reason for this !!

steve0 said:
Does that player play DVD-R discs:thumbsup:

it does indeed seems to play just about anything !

what a bargain player - if not a tad noisy like but cant have it all can we?!!

:)

Hello,

I've just bought this DVD player, and I'm pretty happy with it - only one problem I can't get it working on my all in one remote! The book of codes I've got doesn't cover Tesco as a brand. Does anyone out there know what the three digit code for it is?

The all in one I've got is the Technika 6 in 1 remote control. (I know, it's all tesco stuff - nothing better for the second TV!).

Thanks!

I’ve just bought the Tesco1030 cheapie DVD player and successfully changed it to region free. However, does anyone know how to remove or change the Tesco logo that appears when you switch the player on – its so tacky!

Hello ,

I have a Tesco 1030. However I only have one SCART on my television so am using a 1/3 SCART SPLITTER . My problem is that whenever I plug in the TESCO DVD to the SPLITTER the sound dissappears from my VHS player which is on the same splitter. This occurs with the DVD switched off. Once I pull the DVD plug out , then sound is restored .
Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Don.

I recently bought a DVD1030. The picture quality is fine and the multi-region hack worked well and didn't cause any unexpected problems.

The only thing I can't get it to do is play either MP3 CD discs or MP3 DVD+R discs. The user manual suggests it should be MP3 compatible. It does play normal CDs.

Any ideas out there ?...

the remote control should work as a Technika dvd-1030 as this is the model branded as tesco 1030

I recently bought a DVD1030. The picture quality is fine and the multi-region hack worked well and didn't cause any unexpected problems.

The only thing I can't get it to do is play either MP3 CD discs or MP3 DVD+R discs. The user manual suggests it should be MP3 compatible. It does play normal CDs.

Any ideas out there ?...

I see no reference to mp3 on the box it came in, the player or the user guide.
Where does it say mp3 compatible?

This also works on the Technika DVD-160S and DVD-160P.

Screenshot:
http://www.holcroft.net/~cheesy/technika_dvd060.JPG
technika_dvd060.JPG

Hello ,

I have a Tesco 1030. However I only have one SCART on my television so am using a 1/3 SCART SPLITTER . My problem is that whenever I plug in the TESCO DVD to the SPLITTER the sound dissappears from my VHS player which is on the same splitter. This occurs with the DVD switched off. Once I pull the DVD plug out , then sound is restored .
Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Don.

Did you get an answer on this, I am getting the same problem?

I successfully changed the region go multi-region, but my sound doesn't seem to work when I play the DVD. Did you get the answer to your problem?

Hi, i've successfully unlocked my cheapy Tesco DVD player.. however when i put a DVD in now... it goes black and white.. any suggestions ?

Thanks

Heather

Hi, i've successfully unlocked my cheapy Tesco DVD player.. however when i put a DVD in now... it goes black and white.. any suggestions ?

Thanks

Heather

your tv might not support NTSC. you could also try swapping the scart sockets at the back of your tv as some tv's only accept NTSC in scart1 for example. also check the setup settings in the player itself

Does this hack work for the 1031? cant seem to get anything working on friends player (although its a technica dvd1031) purchased from Tesco.

Many Thanks

I was able to do the multi-region hack for the 1030 and it worked great for weeks.

But, then yesterday....

I tried to play an mp3 CD, which didn't work (it had played mp3 before I did the hack), and now the player won't play ANYTHING and I've tried region 1 dvds, region 2 dvds, CDs, mp3 CDs, and still nothing. I keep getting the error "wrong disc".

Please please help!

Help - does anyone know the code for a technika 104 dvd player to use a universal remote control - my little boy has a game player that needs these codes and I cannot get them anywhere - please help!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom