Technics SL P250 which speakers?

Royalfort

Novice Member
Reaction score
Which speakers/speaker cable/speaker jack do I need for my Technics SL p250 cd player? I am not technically minded, so simple answers would be good.
Thanks

That's got to be a fair age. I had one, good player for it's day. Connection is by RCA interconnects to the line in on any stereo amp. What amp do you have?

If you are looking for speakers then a working budget would be a first question anyone will ask. It's also helpful to let us know how big a room they will be going into. With speaker cable there is no need to spend a fortune and Van Damme Blue is very popular.

Amazon product ASIN B004XKHGYQ

Hi Gibbsy, Thank you for your reply. I don't have an amp, and I have a small budget. I got the player from eBay without realising I'd need any other equipment to listen to CDs. It's in a medium sized kitchen with a high ceiling. Sorry to be so clueless.

The player is pretty dead in the water unless you can get an amp. The good news is that there is a headphone jack on the front of the player and you use this to listen to music. Cheaper to get a pair of headphones perhaps. Your other option is go look in the classifieds for a cheap amp and speakers as wearing headphones in the kitchen may be a wee bit dangerous.

You can add a pair of powered speakers to the CD player, for a kitchen system then these will probably do, the speakers include the amplifier inside and have a remote for volume control. You just need a cable like the one linked above.

Amazon product ASIN B089KMM3B6

I have an SL-P555 I bought in 1989 ! Sounds great played through my LSX love it. I’ve been listening to it this afternoon and every single time I use it I’m taken back to 1989 :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom